Faster to the Fun- Panorama 2023

• STATEROOM ACCESS – Due to enhanced cleaning and sanitation, staterooms may not be ready at the time of boarding for the early Arrival Appointments.   If you have not checked your bags, feel free to quickly drop off your luggage while our crew puts the finishing touches on your stateroom.  This will allow you to complete your e-mustering process and start your vacation promptly                                      
  • This was the part email that was sent to me this week explaining the rules to me. Seems pretty clear what I can and cannot do when I get on the ship. In fact if you read this it’s saying that my state room may be ready when I get on the ship. 

4 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I didn’t realize that I get to make the rules on the ship. I was pretty sure that I got an email from Carnival telling me the rules that I have to play by. Can I quote you to the captain when they ask me why I’m telling people what to do that I have the right to make the rules?

The people in the other cabins can cruise 75 days and get the same perk - And come here and get lectured by people like you not to take advantage of it

Everyone knows you will be informed when your room is ready. Are you the person who gets upset if they let others board early,?

On 7/26/2022 at 11:08 AM, waveafterwave said:

Why would you assume I'm looking to throw money away? 😂 I'm not. FTTF works for us. So, till my little gold self makes it to D/P status, I'll sure as hell pay to join those in priority boarding/debarkation lounges. 

That's my favorite part about FTTF, it pisses off the D/P folks something fierce 😁. They don't want the unwashed masses boarding with them or standing in "their" line at guest services. The hissy fits are worth the price of admission alone! Heck yeah I hope it comes back!   

• Like 1

Just now, TheSeagoer said:

Everyone knows you will be informed when your room is ready. Are you the person who gets upset if they let others board early,?

I couldn’t give two hoots what others do. I didn’t hold a gun to carnival to give me perks but if they say they exist and I paid my dues and did my time - yes I expect them.  Sorry if that bothers you. I also don’t wait in the regular line at guest service because they LET me go in a different line - and I don’t apologize for it when people see me going ahead of them while they wait. I did that to for many cruises and do it on the other cruise lines I am not a high customer on. 
Thank for try to ask who I am. I know your kind as well. There is always that guy who ask people where they got something from and has FOMO of  everything. They hang out close to the cruise director  to wait for the hairy chest contest to show the world what bozos they are. They make sure to get noticed at the comedy show get picked for the love and marriage show. They have metals hanging in their dining room that they buy on eBay because they cannot win them. It’s okay - you too can come on the ship and wait your turn! 

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

That's my favorite part about FTTF, it pisses off the D/P folks something fierce 😁. They don't want the unwashed masses boarding with them or standing in "their" line at guest services. The hissy fits are worth the price of admission alone! Heck yeah I hope it comes back!   

Hahahaha. Cruise people are the worst. Oooh I got a bottle of water and a pin for being d/p

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Hey you pay - you can play. 
I hope it comes back too and I don’t need it. But it’s good for people who want it. 

Who cares what people think? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stick93 said:

I couldn’t give two hoots what others do. I didn’t hold a gun to carnival to give me perks but if they say they exist and I paid my dues and did my time - yes I expect them.  Sorry if that bothers you. I also don’t wait in the regular line at guest service because they LET me go in a different line - and I don’t apologize for it when people see me going ahead of them while they wait. I did that to for many cruises and do it on the other cruise lines I am not a high customer on. 
Thank for try to ask who I am. I know your kind as well. There is always that guy who ask people where they got something from and has FOMO of  everything. They hang out close to the cruise director  to wait for the hairy chest contest to show the world what bozos they are. They make sure to get noticed at the comedy show get picked for the love and marriage show. They have metals hanging in their dining room that they buy on eBay because they cannot win them. It’s okay - you too can come on the ship and wait your turn! 

You earned nothing. You paid for it. Hahaha.  Go get your free pin.  Hahaha

Just now, Stick93 said:

Hey you pay - you can play. 
I hope it comes back too and I don’t need it. But it’s good for people who want it. 

Who cares what people think? 

Well, I'm not buying on the next few cruises but will have suites so "get thee behind me D/P mere mortals" 😁.

2 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

You earned nothing. You paid for it. Hahaha.  Go get your free pin.  Hahaha

I hear you buddy. You can get one on eBay. They sell them. 

In life you alway pay - it just nice to get something back which I have. I will enjoy it and when I see the stink eyes at me I will remember I paid for it and how good it feels.

7 minutes ago, TheSeagoer said:

Hahahaha. Cruise people are the worst. Oooh I got a bottle of water and a pin for being d/p

Some people take this seriously. Google: Pathway to Pinnacle: How I reached the top of Royal Caribbean’s Loyalty Program and see the lengths of some peoples redonkulusness. It'll leave you scratching your head at the math vs effort vs cost. Boggles the mind. 😄  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Some people take this seriously. Google: Pathway to Pinnacle: How I reached the top of Royal Caribbean’s Loyalty Program and see the lengths of some peoples redonkulusness. It'll leave you scratching your head at the math vs effort vs cost. Boggles the mind. 😄  

On Carnival there’s no real value in becoming a diamond member. However on Royal Caribbean after you become a diamond member there are some real perks that people really go after. Free drinks is one of the biggest reasons why people try to reach the next level and that’s a real value to people who would’ve bought a beverage package. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stick93 said:

On Carnival there’s no real value in becoming a diamond member. However on Royal Caribbean after you become a diamond member there are some real perks that people really go after. Free drinks is one of the biggest reasons why people try to reach the next level and that’s a real value to people who would’ve bought a beverage package. 

Oh, I get that, people love their drink vouchers and any other "free" drinking opportunities to avoid drink packages. I totally get that, that acknowledged, taking cruises just because, booking cabins you won't use and making it a life goal is kinda nucking futs in my book. Complete insanity. How much does five drinks cost vs all the time, effort and energy? If one got there naturally, sure, it's a nice perk but some folks have probably paid much more chasing free than they could have simply paid for and enjoyed the journey naturally. It's a nice perk, not a heroic feat or meaningful life achievement lol. It's drink vouchers!! 🤣    

2 hours ago, TheSeagoer said:

People cruise, they accumulate points. That’s the system the cruise lines put into place.

Perhaps the folks who act entitled, also act that way in regular ‘ol life. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I just like to stay in my lane 🙂🙂 ….

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Oh, I get that, people love their drink vouchers and any other "free" drinking opportunities to avoid drink packages. I totally get that, that acknowledged, taking cruises just because, booking cabins you won't use and making it a life goal is kinda nucking futs in my book. Complete insanity. How much does five drinks cost vs all the time, effort and energy? If one got there naturally, sure, it's a nice perk but some folks have probably paid much more chasing free than they could have simply paid for and enjoyed the journey naturally. It's a nice perk, not a heroic feat or meaningful life achievement lol. It's drink vouchers!! 🤣    

And for some, who don't drink alcoholic beverages, it’s just not a perk at all!

SO many perks and excursions involve alcohol.  

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 1

Kind of funny to make a comment how one thinks cruisers are the worst but spends time on a social platform all about cruising. The site is literally catering to cruise enthusiasts and so are the cruise lines. This is why they offer gimmicks and perks because it brings people back. People spend too much  money many ways. Why get a suite when an inside room affords you everything on the ship. Why pay more for faster to the fun when you will eventually get there. People feel there is a value of building loyalty to a brand. We can argue about what it’s worth and what they have “earned” but it’s these perks they try to get and it works. If it didn’t work nobody would offer them!