Pre-booking Hot Glass and other onboard activities--No schedules?

markeb

We're on Equinox in a week. DW did the hot glass on our last Equinox cruise and wants to do it again. You can pre-book ("It sells out"), but I don't see any way to book a time, which would be the real advantage to booking early. I know things like the whisk(e)y tastings can be bought ahead of time, but are scheduled onboard, and other than possibly a few % discount, there's no real advantage to booking ahead of time for those (and you could end up with a conflict). Is it the same with the Hot Glass? It's a 5% discount to pre-pay, but I have no idea if that gets her to the front of the line for scheduling, or if we should just go up there on our orientation walk when we get onboard.

Anyone booked this ahead of time? Did it matter?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

For the glass experience just head up there and book your slot once you are onboard, I do not believe you can do that until you board.

You can actually pay for it online, but not book a time. I think it's a 5% discount in theory (last time you paid based on what you planned to make, so that's a change as well). It's also possible it's one of those things the Retreat concierge can do as you're sitting in port having your first drink!

10 minutes ago, markeb said:

You can actually pay for it online, but not book a time. I think it's a 5% discount in theory (last time you paid based on what you planned to make, so that's a change as well). It's also possible it's one of those things the Retreat concierge can do as you're sitting in port having your first drink!

Perhaps I phrased it poorly... 🙂

Yes you can pay in advance, no you cannot book a time-slot in advance, just go up to the venue and reserve your time once you are onboard, or ask your 'butler', but keep in mind that during boarding they are running around a lot greeting the new arrivals, so personally I'd just do it in that time between dropping off your carry-on bags and heading to Luminae for lunch...

• Like 1