Which formal night is more formal?

vms

First time cruiser with another question.

I'm taking a 7 night cruise on Celebrity- 2 formal nights.

I have 2 formals to bring that are very different styles- one is more "elegant" and the other is more "fancy". Does it matter which dress I wear for each night? Is one night the pull out all the stops night?

Some descriptions to help:

Elegant dress is a simpler cut, with a coral material that has a slight sheen to it, but no embelishments. I'm planning to wear pearls with this dress.

Fancy dress is a rasberry color, and beads and sequins covering it in a floral pattern. I'm planning to wear a necklace with pink and black stones in a floral pattern to accompany it.

Any comments or thoughts are appreciated!

I've never really discriminated between the two, some say the Captains dinner is more formal. They are both formal, at both women wear formal gowns, dresses and evening pants outfits, men wear dark suits or tuxedos.

If you have an outfit you consider more formal than the other, wear it the first formal night.

:D Wear the tightest dress the first - you might not be able to get into it by the second formal night.

That is sooooooooooo true! Three years ago when we sailed our second cruise, I asked which night was formal (Disney has formal and semi-formal), because I knew if formal was later in the week, that I'd need to increase one size for my dress! (The semi-formal dress was looser, and could accomadate the dessert buffet, extra lobster and butter, etc.)

Archived