Halifax with kids 6-11

We didn't end up doing it, but the Harbour Hopper tour looked pretty neat for kids - it's an amphibious tour "bus" that drives around town a bit and then drives into the harbor for a water tour. It's about an hour. We just walked along the waterfront, saw a couple of the museum ships, and went to the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Then we walked up to the Citadel. Our kids (4 to 13 at the time) really liked Halifax.

We didn't end up doing it, but the Harbour Hopper tour looked pretty neat for kids - it's an amphibious tour "bus" that drives around town a bit and then drives into the harbor for a water tour. It's about an hour. We just walked along the waterfront, saw a couple of the museum ships, and went to the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. Then we walked up to the Citadel. Our kids (4 to 13 at the time) really liked Halifax.

Thanks, my wife and I went 2 yrs ago and they were having a fair along the water front, that's all we did. That was in July, were going in Jun, not likely to see it again this time. I'll check out the Hopper tour.

Our day in Halifax was July 1 - Canada Day! There were a lot of activities going on. I was sorry we only stayed in port until 6 - would have liked to have seen the fireworks! You might want to check out one of the visitors' websites for Halifax to see whether there are any scheduled activities while you're there.

Archived