Zaandam cabin info

crusin'k

Based upon the positive info I was given on this board, we have decided to do the Grand South America cruise.  We are sticking with an inside cabin - works best for us.  TA suggested cabin J2619 on Main deck.  He said it is a little larger which may be an advantage.  However, I see it is right next to the stairway.  Does anyone have info regarding this cabin, especially the noise factor?

Thank you all for your help.  It has been a few years since we have been on HAL and are anxious to return!

I have been in that cabin---many times---on all of the R-class ships. It is my favorite cabin on that class of ship! 
It is more than a 'little' larger than the other inside cabins---it's
huge

The only problems I found with the cabin, and they are minor, is that the bathroom opens directly into the cabin, so at night the light shines in; and there is no curtain blocking off the living area, so anyone in the cabin can be seen by someone walking by in the passageway if the door is opened unexpectedly. 

I found it quite quiet, and very convenient, with the mid-ship staircase and elevator banks right there. Easy walk to the food venues, and a short walk home from the entertainment venues at night. Being at mid-ship and low, it is about the smoothest ride you will get in rough seas. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 8 months later...

So happy I found this thread!  We are thinking of doing the south American cruise in February. Hubby likes 2667 or 2671. We like a quiet cabin and usually book

insides. He had said they were category K. But looking at other sites I see they are a L. Then I see your comments Ruth, and I remembered you like the J cabins on the main deck. Going to see if that is available but if not does anybody know anything about the other cabins I mentioned??  Thank you!!!