Dubai PCR tests 72 hour window

little britain

“For example, if you embark on your cruise at 15:00 on a Saturday, you should take your COVID-19 test on the Wednesday as of 15:00 at the earliest. ”.   

What about allowing for time zone differences? 
15:00 Wednesday in Dubai is 12 noon in London.   Or would I have to wait till 15:00 London/18:00 Dubai?

Thanks 

4 hours ago, little britain said:

“For example, if you embark on your cruise at 15:00 on a Saturday, you should take your COVID-19 test on the Wednesday as of 15:00 at the earliest. ”.   

What about allowing for time zone differences? 
15:00 Wednesday in Dubai is 12 noon in London.   Or would I have to wait till 15:00 London/18:00 Dubai?

Thanks 

I've had that question myself as we have a 6 hours time difference and are flying out that day.  To be safe, I plan on making sure the hours are based on the departure time zone.  Maybe others have actual factual info on the requirement.  Also it's interesting how some cruises mention this hourly example like yours and North Europe, but Mediterranean does not specify and I assume it's based on days, not hours.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 2:22 AM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

You should use Dubai time to meet their requirements.

We arrived one day early to avoid the huge time difference between the USA and DXB. Then we got our covid19 test in Dubai one day prior to the cruise.

Where did you find to get PCR tests in Dubai please and how much were they?

14 hours ago, little britain said:

Where did you find to get PCR tests in Dubai please and how much were they?

There had a small covid testing center inside the Mall of the Emirates. That mall has a station on the Dubai Metro. I don't see covid testing mentioned on the mall's website but I recall it didn't when we went either which was last December. What I did was use the Contact Form at the bottom of the mall website and sent an inquiry which was responded to within a day. You can ask if they have covid testing and how much it costs. When we went there was a line so it took about an hour for our turn and the results were emailed to us later that same afternoon.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, iwtobek said:

I have read elsewhere no this forum that the time does not matter, testing should be made in the 2 days window, at whatever hour.

Agree.

Also I do not believe MSC requires the specific TIME of the test, only the DATE of the test.