'Cruise-specific' insurance

12 hours ago, MrsHFQ said:

I rang my TA who couldn't really answer my question and give me a definite 'yes' about my policy (not a surprise really as she hasn't read it) but it seems to cover all the things that she said it should. She said that she would ring RC and ask if it has to be 'cruise-specific' or just cover cruises and was told that travel insurance isn't mandatory .....! I thought we now had to show proof before boarding? Anyway, having read all I can on the RC website and re-read our policy I'm pretty sure it covers what it needs to cover

See Clause 1.12 insurance is mandatory - but only for the items specified. You do not have to show the policy. I would change my travel agent.

On 7/26/2022 at 7:58 PM, the penguins said:

Private excursions depend on the supplier. We always useToursbylocals - their standard (free) conditions include: full refund if the ship doesn't dock, full cost of getting you to the next port if you miss the ship. We have used TBL in Europe, Japan, China, South America, the Gulf etc and have never had a bad guide. You book direct with the Guide, pay via TBL in Canada and the Guide only gets paid when they have successfully completed the tour.

Sorry for not replying sooner. My comment was purely based on taking out private Travel Insurance in general terms rather than insurance provided by private excursions operators.