FYI if cruising 3/4 - 3/18

These next two weeks 3/4-3/18 are the biggest spring break weeks of the year for colleges. Next week 3/6-3/10, there are around 1.4 million college kids in the US and Canada on spring break. 3/13-3/17 there are 2.3 million. It is safe to expect full ships and plenty of college kids these next two weeks.

Just FYI.

That's why we plan our cruise this time of year. We're taking two college students and a high school senior along with us. We've cruised on spring break before on the Adventure of the Seas, and even though the ship was filled to capacity, never seemed too crowded. Except maybe at the pool on a sea day. I really think most college students who travel spring break on their own generally go to all inclusive resorts because it's cheaper for them. (Unless they have great parents like us who take them on a cruise!:D )

You can generally expect full capacity at this time of year due to Spring Break for schools. Many families are cruising while the kids are out of school. But you won't necessarily see a large amount of college age Spring Breakers. They tend not to go on the 7 day cruises. You might see an increase on the 3/4 day itineraries.

That was just a general FYI.

I book this time of year too, because I'm 26 and like to have a nice party atmosphere. Last 2 times I went, in 03 and 04, there was a significant college contingent. Like maybe 20% 18-25 instead of maybe 6 or 7% normally on a 7 day. 7 days aren't really that expensive when you consider what you're getting for around $100/day. Don't have to pay cover charges to drink and dance in the VC lounge.

I wonder how full some RC ships may be, looking online many the next few weeks in the Carbbean are now "Hot Deals" and price decreases have occurred. Do not know if over capacity or effects from the Smith case, but my TA says RC has been dealing lately on these March crusies. RC starts repositioning ships in April and prices start going-up then

BPWJR

I cruise in mid March almost every single year and every single cruise has been completely sold out and very crowded with college kids. Its really not a big deal. The rowdy ones I have seen come off Carnival this time of year. There are far less on RCI than Carnival.

Archived