Barcelona, where to buy wine pre cruise Edge?

Cruising7in2017

Our family has 2 sky suites & a royal, we are a little picky about our wine. Where is a good place to purchase wine in Barcelona? Any hidden gems? Are we allowed 2 bottles/person or suite? Also, do children count as a "person" since they are all under 21? We are not going to bring on 21 bottles, but was thinking maybe 6 or 7? TIA

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

Our family has 2 sky suites & a royal, we are a little picky about our wine. Where is a good place to purchase wine in Barcelona? Any hidden gems? Are we allowed 2 bottles/person or suite? Also, do children count as a "person" since they are all under 21? We are not going to bring on 21 bottles, but was thinking maybe 6 or 7? TIA

2 bottles per person and of legal drinking age of course

22 minutes ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

Have a look here

https://bodegamaestrazgo.com/

If you have extra time in Barcelona, you may want to spend a bit of it there.  

If your kids are 'legal' aboard in Europe, yes, they are also allowed 2 each.

Edited by canderson
Typoz

I should add, for your RS, you can ask the shoreside concierge to trade out your 2x 1L bottles of booze for decent wine.  We were pleasantly surprised when they agreed to swap for 2x 750s of a very nice Barolo that was available onboard.

Go to  the big department store on Placa Cataluyna. On lower level is a great wine bar in the middle of the wine  section.. Sit and have some tapas and Cava. and you can buy all your  wine there to take on the ship. 

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Go to  the big department store on Placa Cataluyna. On lower level is a great wine bar in the middle of the wine  section.. Sit and have some tapas and Cava. and you can buy all your  wine there to take on the ship. 

El Corte Ingles?

https://www.elcorteingles.es/supermarket/drinks/wines/

We didn't get too wound up about the wine selection there vs. the 'bodega'.  OP:  You said you're picky, right?

Edited by canderson
Added web page
  • Like 2

Yes it is El Corte Ingles! Could not foe the life of me think of the name. love their lower level with he food area and the great wine bar. The stools are big corks! And the taps are great. Let like a local  having Cava there. Cava is my favorite sparkling wine.  Also do try the white sangria in Barcelona too. Excellent.

4 hours ago, Cruising7in2017 said:

The best Corte Ingles in Barcelona is not the one in La Plaza de Cataluña, for the best shopping and gourmet experience go to El Corte Ingles Diagonal.  Here is a link https://www.elcorteingles.com/luxe/stores/diagonal/

Edited by drarill

I've been to all the Spanish (and Portuguese) ports many times so an El Corte Inglés will be one of my usual port day "tours."  They're found in every port X visits in Spain/Portugal.  The basement grocery stores are one-stop shopping for me for snacks and beverages plus they're well-stocked with gluten-free crunchy things (crackers).  I always grab a couple of their special olive oils and balsamics to put together for thank you gifts for my neighbor and pet sitter, too.  Definitely worth a cab ride.

• Like 1