10:05 AM Flight Out Of Tampa after Transatlantic

sasset

Another thing to look at---how many ships are arriving into port that day?

Airports are packed and lines are very long. Weekends are the worst.

Does your airline have automatic baggage kiosks at TPA? 

I don't think TPA has skycaps or curbside baggage check-in. We use that at our home airport and it allows us to go straight to the TSA line. No stop at baggage kiosk and then waiting in line to drop bags, or waiting in line to check in and get our bags checked.

1 hour ago, broker1217 said:

Another thing to look at---how many ships are arriving into port that day?

It's a one ship day at the port for Tampa Bay.

4 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

As long as there's no fo, you'll be fine.

Yes.  I have been fogged in before.  After embarking on Horizon, she had to stay overnight in Tampa and left the following morning.  Lost Grand Cayman as a result.

Thanks to all that responded. We've usually have gone directly to the airport and sat in the lounge for three hours for a flight or, when cruise ends in Europe do some land based time. The 10:05 flight was less that half the first class fare as all of the later flights so we were considering it. Many of you mentioned things that we've never thought of as possible issues.

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 9:08 PM, sasset said:

Ship scheduled to arrive at 5AM. Can I make a 10:05 flight out of Tampa. This would be on a Sunday. Never cut it this close but saw a great fare.

Does your plan B offer "...a great fare." also???

Good luck and bon voyage

21 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Does your plan B offer "...a great fare." also???

Good luck and bon voyage

Plan B is actually the original Plan A. Wait and  watch fares for a little while  longer and hope for a drop.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 7:35 PM, mahdnc said:

HI, sasset.  I think we are on the same cruise.  If you do self-walk off (which is critical to the plan), you should be able to make that 10 am flight although there is not a large allowance for things to go wrong. I know it's just one data point at a completely different port, but we got off Solstice in Sydney (self walk off) and got to SYD via taxi by 7:37 am (7-8 miles away from the cruise port).  The self walk off line can be long (a lot of people looking to get off early for various reasons), so you will want to get to the assembly point earlier than what is stated on the disembarkation newsletter.

My understanding is that the Tampa cruise terminal does not use Global Entry which isn't that big of a deal if you are among the first to get off via self-walk off.  

Daylight savings time ends on that Sunday we pull into Tampa, so we will have an extra hour of sleep before we get thrown off the ship.  It doesn't help with the disembarkation schedule, but at least you will be well rested.

Hopefully you do not incur any unfavorable changes in departure time with your flight which is something else to watch out for.

I think it is worth the risk as long as long as you can adjust if things go wrong and you need to catch a later flight.

David

Correct - no Global Entry.  We arrived on a TA twice.  Walked off both times when allowed just before 7:45 to 8am.  First time cleared customs at 8:30.  The 2nd time was a Sunday and they were short staffed.  Barely made a 1pm flight.

Your choice.  The question is what happens if you miss your flight?  That only you can answer.