scenic river cruise line walls

furrrball

19 hours ago, furrrball said:

Do the scenic river ships have wall that i can stick magnets to like on ocean ships.

Yes, they do.  At least the Jade did on the sides of the mirror and shelves over the desk/vanity area.

• 3 months later...

Scenic (nor any cruise line we've been on) is not completely paper free.  We received a copy of the excursions we reserved online when we boarded as well as a copy of the excursions we selected after boarding.  There were also invitations for Portobello's and the Chef's Table.  I used magnets to hang these.

In addition, I always print a copy of our itinerary that I have annotated with sunrise and sunset times as well as any special notes (for example, specialty dining, cooking class reservations, spa reservations, etc. when on ocean cruises).  I hang that using magnets.  The magnets keep paper from cluttering up the limited desk space (at least on Scenic) and help me be organized.

And on a holiday cruise, I also like to bring some small, battery-powered lights to decorate our cabin.  I hang these with magnets when the walls permit.  Some lines use wall coverings that are thicker and regular magnets will not work--but the more-powerful ones (rated as holding 25 pounds or more) will.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 7:47 AM, pbeach said:

GREAT question!  I have always wondered what magnets are for.

@pbeachI always bring along some strong magnets that have hooks attached. I hang my binoculars near the window so they are handy, i hang up my ballcap near the door so I can grab it on the way out along with an umbrella if needed... There are lots of things that can be handy but out of the way. 

Paul

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 12:55 PM, loriva said:

Scenic is not completely paper free.

That's true, I exaggerated a teensy bit, but the only two bits of paper we received on board were the invitation to dine at L'Amour and since we got it the evening before the booking it didn't need keeping. The other piece was a sheet with the times of departure which we go the last evening.

But there was no Portobellos or Chefs Table restaurant on our boat, so we were on different cruises and it seems had different experiences, not to mention different needs, as the only time we spent in the cabin was to change and sleep so we don't feel the need to decorate it with lights.

All other documentation, e.g. which tours we'd booked, were emailed to me as PDFs and I had them on my notepad.