Seashore YC Deluxe vs Deluxe Grand Suite

zackarykeef

We were on MSC Seashore in October 2021 in YC Deluxe Grand Suite.

In my opinion the benefits don’t justify the higher price of Deluxe Grand Suite compared to Deluxe Suite.

Deluxe Grand Suite:

• Location on higher deck (deck 19)

• Suite is bigger.

MSC designer basically took the Deluxe Suite floor plan and added a walk-in-closet by stretching the length of the stateroom.

I noticed similar stateroom layouts on MSC Explora 1 (Explora Journeys).

The walk-in-closet is “nice to have” and certainly convenient on longer cruises.

The stateroom itself (bedroom, living area, bathroom and balcony) seems the exact same size as Deluxe Suite.

We found the location on higher deck 19 is actually a disadvantage because of the noise from deck 20 Sun Lounge area.

Conclusion:

• YC Deluxe Grand Suite category offers staterooms on higher deck

• Larger staterooms

• Walk-in-closet

• Longer hallway

I would probably not book YC Deluxe Grand Suite again, except on longer cruises or if no Deluxe Suite is available.

.. I felt that I only paid for Real Estate (walk-in-closet) which I didn’t needed on a 7-day cruise.

B544FEB4-8AA3-40C2-AC86-DE286BAB5915.thumb.jpeg.9f6c94716b41088508e91b020bec273d.jpeg

CFB08AEC-15F7-4DCF-A8C2-7C404B74BA63.jpeg

24152DFF-0388-44F0-BF5A-75D5B0DE7B8A.jpeg

71AC3B5F-1E70-4BD7-929E-3319F0D3A5B1.jpeg

Edited by SirWolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are different sizes for both standard Deluxe and Deluxe Grand YC staterooms. 

IMG-20210905-WA0022.thumb.jpg.6fcaf9d776

Something like 19025 (above) would be cool. 🙂

There is also the unique 19002  which faces forward...

..but that one seems to be harder to get. 

If I was interested in a Deluxe, it would depend on which Deluxe. 

If I was interested in a Grand, it would depend on which Grand. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

There are different sizes for both standard Deluxe and Deluxe Grand YC staterooms. 

IMG-20210905-WA0022.thumb.jpg.6fcaf9d776

Something like 19025 (above) would be cool. 🙂

There is also the unique 19002  which faces forward...

We loved this suite! It was a hike every time you wanted to go somewhere though... But the views coming into or leaving port!!! 

..but that one seems to be harder to get. 

If I was interested in a Deluxe, it would depend on which Deluxe. 

If I was interested in a Grand, it would depend on which Grand. 

Edited by mmbcater

Check out a bunch of Youtube videos.  On some ships with Deluxe Grand suites you get a much wider room, longer balcony and nice size walk in closet.  We always opt for the grand suite unless on a ship without one like the Meraviglia with just Deluxe Suites.

I have been looking and one of the rooms I see is 19046 which is closer to the elevators/stairs which seems like a good benefit. Also seems like the deck noise should be minimal since its off in the corner of the sun deck and not next to the main pool area that might get more foot traffic above your room.

Do YC rooms get access to the Top 19 location or just Aurea?

There are rooms on 16/18 but they are fairly far forward making it less convenient to get to the top deck. I might be over thinking all of this though.

1 hour ago, J0Y0US said:

I have been looking and one of the rooms I see is 19046 which is closer to the elevators/stairs which seems like a good benefit. Also seems like the deck noise should be minimal since its off in the corner of the sun deck and not next to the main pool area that might get more foot traffic above your room.

Do YC rooms get access to the Top 19 location or just Aurea?

There are rooms on 16/18 but they are fairly far forward making it less convenient to get to the top deck. I might be over thinking all of this though.

Yacht Club on MSC Seashore is on decks 16, 18 & 19 forward. Navigating YC is convenient with an elevator and stairs connecting YC decks including deck 20 YC Sun Deck. We use stairs most of the time while in YC.  Public elevators are close by, just outside YC enclave.

Personally I would choose a stareroom on deck 18 (first choice) or deck 16 (second choice).

Our YC cruise cards didn’t work for the gates/doors entering Aurea Top 19 .. but a waiter from Aurea bar opened the door and let us in after I told him that we are YC guests.

YC Sundeck is nicer equipped with furniture and decoration. Butler service on YC Sundeck is very attentive.

• Like 2

One other question is there a better location on deck 18 or 16? Closer or further from the dining/lounge?

Is being the room closest to the dining room a benefit as you only have people on one side then?

47 minutes ago, J0Y0US said:

One other question is there a better location on deck 18 or 16? Closer or further from the dining/lounge?

Is being the room closest to the dining room a benefit as you only have people on one side then?

Location is personal preference.. I would choose almost any stateroom on deck 16 and 18 , with the exception of staterooms too close to public elevators and too close to YC Restaurant and Top Sail Lounge.

Deck 16: Passengers use the main hallway from Concierge Desk to Top Sail Lounge, not the right hallway where the staterooms are located.

Deck 18: access to Restaurant .. same .. see above

We like staterooms on starboard side, it’s just what we like. Ships docked on Ocean Cay are approaching the island with port side, turning 180 degrees and docking with starboard side to the island.

There are a few things which make the Yacht Club “special”. We really feel being in a private enclave.. it’s very quiet.. rarely see fellow passengers except in the restaurant and lounge.. everybody is friendly.. butlers are attentive.. they know our names.. fellow passengers greeting when passing in the hallway..

From the moment the butler leads us onto the ship.. engaging in casual conversation.. we feel “home”.. 

I never got goosebumps on any other cruise line than MSC when walking into the Top Sail Lounge and 6-8 butlers dressed in uniform wearing white gloves greeting me.

SirWolf, we have a YC stateroom booked on deck 18, a few rooms down from the restaurant.  

I was originally told this would not be a problem (being too close to the restaurant).  I was also told to 

not change my reservation under any circumstance, because MSC will, in all probability, mess it up.

However, do you think I should move further back if the situation presents itself, or leave well enough alone.?

1 hour ago, mafig said:

However, do you think I should move further back if the situation presents itself, or leave well enough alone.?

Personally I would not book 18001 & 18002, adjacent to the Restaurant ..and.. 18040 & 18049 adjacent to the Jungle Pool Lounge area.

All other staterooms are good.

We don’t mind walking to the YC exit and public elevators. The distances in YC enclave are not sooo long.