Liberty of the Sea

I haven't been on Royal for along time. I've been looking for reviews of Liberty of the Sea,  but haven't seen much.   We sail 9/25 and would like to know what we need to know.  We like to go to the out of the way places.  Where is the best out of the way Hot tub?  Where are the best places to eat, or must haves. Any help would be great,  tell me what you know.

Thanks

I've been on Liberty before and it's a good ship.  I was actually looking forward to sailing on Independence last year, but we kicked our cruise (once again) into this year (we sail 9/11) and found out that it will be Liberty.  Hmm, as far as an "out of the way" hot tub....I don't think there really are any.  I mean, there are the two that are out by the main pool and then there are the two (on either side of the ship) straddling the adults only area and the main pool than hang over the side of the ship.  I would say those are kinda out of the way.  If you're looking for seclusion in a hot tub, there really isn't one.

As for upscale places to eat, there are the three big ones:  Chops, Giovanni's and Sabor.  You can read up on all the places to eat via this link:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=389&pgtype=dining.

If you want to get a sense of the Liberty of the Seas, I would recommend watching some youtube videos.  Some can be quite long...that's why I watch them at 2x the speed.  You can still understand the person and it cuts down the viewing time.  Here's one you may want to watch:

Also, take note that the huge video screen at the pool deck is not working at the moment, so that kills a bit of the entertainment factor.

• Like 1

We were on LOTS last week. Yes, the big screen isn't working, but there were plenty of entertainment options. We loved hanging out at the R Bar, the Schooner, and Hoof and Claw. If there are any other questions I can answer, please ask! This was our 3rd time on Liberty and we also sailed her sister Independence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trafaelwyr said:

I've been on Liberty before and it's a good ship.  I was actually looking forward to sailing on Independence last year, but we kicked our cruise (once again) into this year (we sail 9/11) and found out that it will be Liberty.  Hmm, as far as an "out of the way" hot tub....I don't think there really are any.  I mean, there are the two that are out by the main pool and then there are the two (on either side of the ship) straddling the adults only area and the main pool than hang over the side of the ship.  I would say those are kinda out of the way.  If you're looking for seclusion in a hot tub, there really isn't one.

As for upscale places to eat, there are the three big ones:  Chops, Giovanni's and Sabor.  You can read up on all the places to eat via this link:  https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=389&pgtype=dining.

If you want to get a sense of the Liberty of the Seas, I would recommend watching some youtube videos.  Some can be quite long...that's why I watch them at 2x the speed.  You can still understand the person and it cuts down the viewing time.  Here's one you may want to watch:

Also, take note that the huge video screen at the pool deck is not working at the moment, so that kills a bit of the entertainment factor.

Just watched.  Thank you so much!!!  I think this helped me alot!

3 hours ago, Love being Mimi said:

I haven't been on Royal for along time. I've been looking for reviews of Liberty of the Sea,  but haven't seen much.   We sail 9/25 and would like to know what we need to know.  We like to go to the out of the way places.  Where is the best out of the way Hot tub?  Where are the best places to eat, or must haves. Any help would be great,  tell me what you know.

Thanks

I don't know if there is any "out of the way" hot tubs, but the quieter ones are in the Solarium.  The Solarium is rather quiet all the time and can have an "out of the way" feel, even if it's packed.

For an out of the way bar, the Solarium Bar almost feel like it's forgotten at times.  Viking Crown Lounge/Olive or Twist is pretty quiet during the day (it becomes the night club at night).  The Sky Bar also is a bit out of the way when it's open, and it's nice that it's outside.  The R Bar (seating, not the bar) actually can be rather quiet in the evening and night because there is no live entertainment.

• Like 1