U.S Passenger Upgrades on VV

Gonzowifey

I've tried searching through this forum, but I haven't seen anyone from the US post about bidding on and receiving a cabin upgrade for VV? We are sailing on Valiant Lady 8/21-28 out of Barcelona and are currently in a Sea View. We've made an offer on a Sea Terrace, but haven't heard anything yet. I should mentioned, I've tried calling several times for other issues and they don't answer or return calls. They answered one of my emails, then ignored my subsequent questions. I've heard from UK sailors here that they are able to get through, so I'm feeling like an American re-headed stepchild. We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on 8/23 and would really like to make it special. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

for an upgrade from sea view to sea terrace, you'll likely get it.  there are a zillion sea terraces on board, and i haven't seen anyone (on caribbean sailings at least) post about them not getting that upgrade.  solo insiders have had success upgrading to terrace too.

if you were bidding on a suite, i'd say highly unlikely, but you'll find out no later than 48 hours prior.  if for whatever reason you don't get upgraded before, you can ask at check-in or even at sailor services once on the ship.

re: calling, i see you're in CA - unfortunately the best way to get through to them is to call when they first open, which for us is 5am on weekdays/6am on weekends.  the brits definitely have the time zone advantage there, so they're probably calling right when they open and getting through!  waits get pretty abysmal in the middle of the day, but they usually offer a call back option so you don't have to actively wait on hold for hours.

• Thanks 1

We just popped a few bids into the system for the 5 nights we have booked. Let's see if it's fruitful. 

One tip i would share is to add up what the "extras" are worth and put a price on it. For example "Well, we would use the spar a couple of times and thats $50 each time for us both... so thats $200 in value" and at the end of your list stick to your budget! You can very easy get carried away and over pay when your getting in the vacation mood. 

• Like 2