I just put a depost down, I want to buy insurance. How much to insure

Hi. Every quote I look at wants me to give the complete cost of the trip either total or per traveler.  It is a cruise in August 2024. i can give them the fare for the crusie, however, I have no idea what the airfare will be, so, I really can't give them what they are looking for. 

Can I insure the amount I know and add more coverage later?

9 hours ago, Shella73 said:

Hi. Every quote I look at wants me to give the complete cost of the trip either total or per traveler.  It is a cruise in August 2024. i can give them the fare for the cruise, however, I have no idea what the airfare will be, so, I really can't give them what they are looking for. 

Can I insure the amount I know and add more coverage later?

Hi Sheila73,

This advice works with all the plans I work with, but it doesn't work with many plans I don't offer:

When your trip is farther in the future and you are paying it in stages, an option to consider is this:

You would not have to pay for the insurance in full immediately upon purchase in order to get the pre-existing conditions coverage. All our plans allow "pay as you go" which means you insure your deposit now and as you prepay more trip costs, you must increase the insurance coverage any time (as long as nothing has happened where you would file a claim) before but not later than 14 days of adding any additional trip costs above what has been insured to keep the pre-existing conditions coverage. This does not result in any extra costs, just the incremental price increases. You have to insure the deposits even if they are refundable. The prices are locked in at your ages and the rates that were in effect when you bought it.

If you want more detailed advice tailored for you, you may call us at 1-888-407-3854 or email me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com .

Steve Dasseos