Fairbanks-2 questions 1)test and 2)transportation

grammi

1) Anybody recently done land from Fairbanks pre cruise and found the HAL more knowledgeable than 6 weeks ago?  Are they asking to see test results?

2) We are arriving at Fairbanks airport 9pm and need transportation to the Westmark. Will we find Uber or taxis readily available?

Hello from Fairbanks!  I cannot answer your first question.  For the second - taxis are kind of hard to come by these days, but they do exist!  There are 3 main cab companies here:

Eagle/Yellow - 907-455-5555

Arctic - 907-455-0000

Alaska/King - 907-452-2222

Taxis are usually lined up outside of the baggage claim area of the airport, but if those get claimed, then you might need to call for one, or ask one of the drivers you see if they can call one for you.

Since the pandemic began, the taxi business in Fairbanks is like so many other businesses across the country who cannot find enough people to work.  Uber and Lyft were here for a short time, but the market here couldn't support them, so I believe that they no longer exist in Fairbanks.

I hope you enjoy your visit!😊

Edited by Taters

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

Is it too late to add a HAL transfer from the airport to the Westmark to your booking?  

We are going in a few days early and they wouldn’t sell them a one but we will try to hitch a ride with them when we get there. 

I think that’s what I would do.  Unless it is a day when they don’t have tour arrivals.. If you are staying at the Westmark it shouldn’t be an issue if the bus is there and going to the Westmark.

12 minutes ago, grammi said:

We are going in a few days early and they wouldn’t sell them a one but we will try to hitch a ride with them when we get there. 

Edited by oaktreerb
  • Like 1

On June 27, 2022, we arrived a day early and they put us on the bus and gave us a room with no additional cost.  They never asked for our Covid test rests and actually made disparaging comments about the requirement.

When I called them they still seemed kind of clueless saying we can bring our test results down to them at the hotel tour desk but they won’t come looking for us. 

We’ll get the tests somehow probably through Onpoint. I’m not going to stress about it anymore 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Anyone been to Fairbanks this year that can help me out quickly?? We are staying at the Westmark late tomorrow night and Thursday night, with a reservation to the Riverboat Discovery Tour on Thursday afternoon at 2pm. We need transportation from the hotel back out to the location of this tour. Any tips?

I've checked the city bus schedules. Looks like I would need to take the blue bus line out to the Fred Meyer West stop and then hop on the yellow bus line out to a Dale bus stop by the airport, and then walk north to the tour location, correct? Seems like a cumbersome journey for just a 6 mile trek. 

Uber/Lyft available this year?

I live in Fairbanks.  There aren't really any Uber or Lyft (or maybe there is 1 Lyft driver left at this point), but there are taxis!

Yellow/Eagle  907-455-5555

King Cab/Alaska Cab 907-452-2222

Arctic Taxi  907-455-0000

Have fun on your tours.  The weather is beautiful so far this summer.