Which train line, London to Edinburgh?

Mr. and Mrs. Hendricks,  thank you so much for the information.   We may switch hotels the night before we leave for Edinburgh to be closer to Kings Cross so we can explore the area.  Sounds like a lot to see/do in that locale.

Thanks again!

Sheltie

9 hours ago, Sheltieluv said:

We may switch hotels the night before we leave for Edinburgh to be closer to Kings Cross so we can explore the area.  Sounds like a lot to see/do in that locale.

I don't know where you're currently booked to stay, but there's not so much to do around Kings Cross as to make it worth deliberately staying there. If you're currently booked to stay somewhere interesting in the middle of town, you're likely to be better off there. If you're currently booked near Euston, it's only a 10-minute walk from Euston to Kings Cross, so unless you have lots of luggage, there may be little point in changing hotels just to be in the Kings Cross area. Perhaps the main exception to this is if you are going to stay in St Pancras station itself, which is a more special experience.

Hello Globaliser,

We haven't decided on a hotel yet.  The Tower,  Westminster Abbey,  and St. Paul's Cathedral are places we want to visit, and maybe a Thames River tour.  And I really want to attend afternoon tea. (My husband,  not so much, but he'll do it for me.😊)  

I have plenty of time to research hotels and activities,  but would welcome suggestions!

The last time we were in London 4 years ago, we splurged and stayed at Hotel 41, which we loved.  But we were only there 2 nights, and for this trip we will in London 5 nights or so, and will need to adjust our hotel budget accordingly.  

We love London and are looking forward to returning.