What's your favorite specialty restaurant on Seashore?

mafig

What's your favorite specialty restaurant on Seashore?  DH always enjoys the Teppanaki-type specialty for a change and fun dinner.  What's your opinion of that one, and any other favorites?

We enjoyed Teppanyaki on our recent cruise on the Seashore. The food was very good and there was a little bit of everything to sample and enjoy in the option we chose (the one with lobster and filet). Our chef was not as boisterous as some, but the chef at the griddle across from him was. If you’ve never done Teppanyaki on an MSC, I would try it once to experience the similarities and differences between others you’ve tried. 

• Thanks 1

I had my complimentary Diamond meal at Butcher’s Cut and paid for lunch at Teppanyaki restaurant. 

Butcher’s Cut $39 meal, my selections: assorted breads, appetizer (Caesar salad), entree (filet mignon + sauces) and side (Brussel sprouts), with dessert (peanut butter chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream).

The entire meal was excellent. Too much food for me, but I left with to-go boxed filet and the cookie part of dessert.  I expect to order the same meal next cruise.

I would also consider $39 a decent price for the meal. Really well prepared steak.

For Teppanyaki, lunch was about $59 + gratuities. Waygu beef, lobster, soup, salad, fried rice, sushi / sashimi, green tea ice cream (or maybe ginger).  I prefer my local Teppanyaki restaurant for flavor (especially soup and salad - you can get used to a certain familiar taste combination).  Only 3 of us in the restaurant and the other two were friends who were non-interactive, even with the chef. It was like being a third wheel. Okay dining solo if you are at a table by yourself, but not so great at the hibachi.  But it was not worth the high price tag. I have enjoyed Benihana in Aruba and Waikiki for lower prices and comparable food.  

• Thanks 1