Btimmer's Almost Live Nieuw Statendam Canada, Greenland, Iceland Trip - 8/3-27/22

Btimmer

At today's 'Ask the Captain'  Captain Eric noted that only one crew member had contracted Covid this voyage.  He refused to give any passenger Covid counts.  He did indicate that during the Iceland ports that cases went up and the current case counts are declining.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see that you and Angela have cruised many times during Covid.  Do you wear masks in elevators, shows, hallways or as you enter the dining room?  I am sure that when they are required, you do wear them.  You mentioned being "Covid survivors."  I am just wondering how you handled the mask issue.

Thanks for the advice.  It is finally cooler in Seattle, hope you have a safe trip home.

For anyone cruising back to Boston if you can handle your luggage walk around the large white building you see at the port (it's the Boston Design Center) and go to either 23 Dry Dock Ave or 25 Dry Dock Ave and request your Uber.  You'll see large signs with 23 and 25 so you'll know you are in the correct place. Stand there and order your Uber. This will allow your Uber driver to pick you up and turn left onto Dry Dock Ave and head to the City/Mass Pike/airport etc. and thus miss all of the port traffic/people/general chaos of the one-way road that you disembark on.

We did this today and everyone (we and the Uber driver) were very happy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Traveling Library said:

For anyone cruising back to Boston if you can handle your luggage walk around the large white building you see at the port (it's the Boston Design Center) and go to either 23 Dry Dock Ave or 25 Dry Dock Ave and request your Uber.  You'll see large signs with 23 and 25 so you'll know you are in the correct place. Stand there and order your Uber. This will allow your Uber driver to pick you up and turn left onto Dry Dock Ave and head to the City/Mass Pike/airport etc. and thus miss all of the port traffic/people/general chaos of the one-way road that you disembark on.

We did this today and everyone (we and the Uber driver) were very happy.

That's what our 2nd driver did.  He went out the same way he came in to Terminal 25.  It was 15 minutes max to the airport. I wrote much more in my daily blog.  It's especially important to note that Uber wants to pick you up at Terminal 15 which is almost a mile away!

• Like 2

Thank you all who viewed and or commented on my thread about this very nice itinerary.  I am humbled at the number of views. We're just inside cabin cruisers who truly love cruising.  It's not a vacation for us.  It's life.  And I try to bring you along in pictures and a few words in my "Almost Live" threads and in more detail writing on my blog. If you have any interest in visiting Iceland or Greenland, I highly recommend this itinerary.

Stay tuned, there's another nice long "Almost Live" coming in about a month.  Actually 33 days but who's counting? We're going to cruise on the last HAL ship currently sailing that we've never sailed on before.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, oakridger said:

Oh boy, something to look forward to!  Where are you cruising next?

I would love to run into you two on a cruise sometime....who knows?

~Nancy

For now, it's something to look forward to or become a sleuth . . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ScottishMaid said:

I've really enjoyed reading your posts and have saved them in case we go next year.

It's a good cruise to take to get away from the summer heat.

Thanks for posting!

There's definitely a chill in the air in both Greenland and Iceland.  For us it was much colder than Antarctica. The warmth of Canada was welcomed.

• Like 4

Thank you, kind sir, for your postings from this cruise. You and your wife always make me feel like I have been a stowaway with you on your trips. Your pictures are definitely worth a thousand words. The cool weather looks especially enticing with all of this California heat! Thank you again! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Rats, I didn't sleuth far enough......

To help you out, we sailed on the new Rotterdam in Dec, 2021, the Zuiderdam in Jan, 2022, and the Noordam in July, 2022.  There's one more HAL ship we've not sailed on . . .