Key West in collapsible wheelchair

smd8z

Question for those who have been to Key West before. We are traveling with someone in a wheelchair who can take a few steps to get in and out of buses, etc. However, she needs her wheelchair for everything else. Is the Trolly tour something that we could do ? What about just pushing her in the wheelchair from the port around Key West? If anyone has any advise, I would appreciate it!

This link says there is no problem with the trolleys and a collapsible wheelchair. https://www.trolleytours.com/accessibility-safety

Most things of interest to visitors are in about a one square mile area of Old Town surrounding the cruise pier.  You can certainly walk around and push her.  Some of the sidewalks can be a bit narrow, but I’ve seen many people in wheel chairs who seem to be having a nice time.  

• Like 1

Went there in May this year. I pushed my husband all around Key West in wheelchair (and i'm 60).  All we really did was walk/look around at the shops. Went at our own pace. I think the only trouble we had was some of the shops had the racks of cloths so close together we couldn't get the wheelchair into some of them. Other than that, had a great time. I think the Conch tour train or the trolly can hold the wheelchair, at least they both say handicap accessible. We hope to try the

Conch train tour when we go back next April.

• Like 1