Permitted to cruise without additional pax in stateroom who tests positive?

egurbi

Sorry, I know this has likely been asked before, but I couldn't figure out how to phrase it in search to get anything less than 12000 responses, the first 1000 of which at least (ooof I gave up after that) don't answer my question.

If you as the main passenger test negative for covid prior to the cruise, but an additional pax in the stateroom who is a family member (same address but not a close contact because they are not living with you at present) tests positive, is the main pax permitted to cruise without the additional pax?  If so, can the additional pax still receive FCC for their costs?

Thanks in advance.

How is NCL going to know you truly are not a close contact if you are family members and share an address?  

Just based on the wording of the cancelation policy, I think if one of you tests positive, neither of you go and you both get FCC.

If you, your family members or travelling companions assigned to the same stateroom cancel a cruise booking due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of embarkation, you and they are entitled to a FCC for the amount paid to Norwegian. 

https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

Thanks, I saw that.  It seemed like the wording was potentially subject to multiple interpretations, one of which included the possibility that the main pax could still cruise, but that may be more wishful thinking than anything.  Anyone with actual experience in this scenario?

1 hour ago, egurbi said:

Thanks, I saw that.  It seemed like the wording was potentially subject to multiple interpretations, one of which included the possibility that the main pax could still cruise, but that may be more wishful thinking than anything.  Anyone with actual experience in this scenario?

Doubt they will let you split up if you tell them it's because of covid- either you both cancel if you want any kind of refund OR pax 2 is a no-show and pax 1 cruises solo, no refunds from NCL other than those things that are refundable. Might be able to get something from insurance however.