Please help asap with mia hotel

Herby

good news/bad news...good news is I got a great last minunte deal on a cruise for march 25 (yes just booked it today) bad news is all hotels seem to be sold out near the port. What is next best - airport area? Coral Gables? How much is taxi or would it be best to rent a car. Anyone with ANY info would be greatly appreciated!

good news/bad news...good news is I got a great last minunte deal on a cruise for march 25 (yes just booked it today) bad news is all hotels seem to be sold out near the port. What is next best - airport area? Coral Gables? How much is taxi or would it be best to rent a car. Anyone with ANY info would be greatly appreciated!

Personally, I would consider it good news that the hotels are sold out right near the port LOL! Look at Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, and South Beach. All are within five miles of port.

We also are booked on the Voyager for March 25th. We're staying at the Resident Inn/West Doral. It's near the airport and from what i've read, a little bit noisy from planes and trains, but since it was free we decided to try it anyway. It's only one night. I do think you will be more likely to find vacancies closer to the airport than right by the port.

Come and Join our M&M group, we're planning some fun things! Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=236967&page=5

After reading hundreds of posts about Miami hotels, we picked the Hamton Inn dadeland. Looks really nice and they offer free airport shuttle and free shuttle to the cruise port (as well as the mall). It was about $159 but that was about what they all were and no taxi expenses with this one.

We were in the same position in January - booking a last minute cruise only 2 weeks prior to departure! Of course all the downtown Miami hotels were booked - so I did some research here and followed a recommendation which was excellent!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn - Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon (not to be confused with the HI Airport west - which is not as nice!). Tripadvisor rating is excellent. A shuttle will pick you up from airport after you call them.

They also have a lovely free breakfast and also free use of the internet in their 'business centre' - which is just a small alcove/room off the main desk in the lobby. We were able to catch a shuttle to the pier with a few other cruisers - about a 15 min ride at $10 pp.

Hotel is very well situated for last minute shopping - with a mall across the street which includes a Publix and also 2 pharmacies closeby as well. Make sure to try the Cuban restaurant in the mall for dinner - but go hungry - portions are huge and food is excellent (Casa Juan? or something like that).

Rates are pretty good - I believe we got the AAA rate which was around $125 at the time?

Good luck and happy cruising.

Herby, we stayed at the Hampton Inn Dadeland Mall in January before our Valor cruise--got a little better rate because it was January and not springbreak. It is a nice hotel--pleased with it. My only suggestion is to make sure you are on the list for the shuttle to port. They have only 1 shuttle van. If too many people show up they have to make a second trip--you could have to wait or spring for the cabfare. Get out in front of the hotel earlier than the time they tell you to increase your chances of getting the free shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked at the Hampton dadeland but they said the shuttle isn't til noon and if there is too many people booked on that one then they will take a shuttle at 10:30. Seems backwords (book 10:30 then if too many people they have to go at noon). We will be arriving early afternoon so if alot of people come after us they will get there sooner!

Archived