Social Hostess on Explorer

kmkord

Decided today to book the Explorer leaving Saturday 6/6 for 14 nights from Rome to Athens.

I'm travelling solo, so wondering who is the social hostess on Explorer right now?

Are they back to having dinner with the guests?

15 hours ago, kmkord said:

Decided today to book the Explorer leaving Saturday 6/6 for 14 nights from Rome to Athens.

I'm travelling solo, so wondering who is the social hostess on Explorer right now?

Are they back to having dinner with the guests?

The current Social Hostess onboard Explorer is Rachel. In the daily Passages, it shows she has a nightly 6:45pm cocktail gathering in the Observation Lounge. Not sure if they continue on to dinner. 

On 8/3/2022 at 1:47 AM, RJ2002 said:

The current Social Hostess onboard Explorer is Rachel. In the daily Passages, it shows she has a nightly 6:45pm cocktail gathering in the Observation Lounge. Not sure if they continue on to dinner. 

Thank you for this info! I will be traveling solo on Mariner, embarking November 3 Los Angeles to Lima.
Last year when I was on a transAtlantic on Oceana‘s Riviera, I had a blast with the solo group that met multiple times during the voyage. On Oceania, I did not have the beverage package, so I really appreciated that every solo gathering was hosted (wine, beer, limited cocktails) and two bottles of wine was provided for each dinner table. We usually had about two dinner tables in the main dining room.

We had a blast, and I am really looking forward to my first Regent cruise coming up in the next few months!

2 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Thank you for this info! I will be traveling solo on Mariner, embarking November 3 Los Angeles to Lima.
Last year when I was on a transAtlantic on Oceana‘s Riviera, I had a blast with the solo group that met multiple times during the voyage. On Oceania, I did not have the beverage package, so I really appreciated that every solo gathering was hosted (wine, beer, limited cocktails) and two bottles of wine was provided for each dinner table. We usually had about two dinner tables in the main dining room.

We had a blast, and I am really looking forward to my first Regent cruise coming up in the next few months!

Our first Regent cruise was aboard Mariner.  You are in for a great experience. No need for beverage package!  😉

• Haha 1

currently on other regent ships, the social hostess sits (masked) with guests while they have the "solo traveler" drinks (she does not drink), is not allowed to accompany guests to dinner.

But expect those rules to be loosened soon.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zodiacsign said:

currently on other regent ships, the social hostess sits (masked) with guests while they have the "solo traveler" drinks (she does not drink), is not allowed to accompany guests to dinner.

But expect those rules to be loosened soon.

Well, maybe since the gentleman who was acting as the Social Host on the Navigator cruise we were on in July was also the Assistant cruise Director, the rules were a bit different for him. We seemed to be in the same lounge with him and his single guests, and he was definitely drinking, and they ate together on several occasions! 

• Like 1