Best time of year to cruise Western Caribbean???

I have one cruise coming up and already I'm looking at others. I was thinking about Hawaii, but with the air cost being 600+ from my area I'm looking at other options. I am thinking about the Freedom!!!! Sounds like it will be a really neat ship. Anyway what is the best time of the year or shall I say smoothest to do this itinerary????

Not an expert by any means, but we prefer late April, early May, or November.

(It cools down quite a bit from other months.) We're goning to try January or February next. If you book far enough out or while on another cruise, you can usually get the very best prices and cabin selection.

The Freedom sounds like a beaut and I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Anyway, sail away mates...into the sunset you go!:D

I would avoid July through October as this is peak hurricane season. Even if there isn't a storm in your direct route, a tropical storm or hurricane hundreds of miles away can churn up the water & make for very rough seas. Personally I prefer late fall through early spring.

I have one cruise coming up and already I'm looking at others. I was thinking about Hawaii, but with the air cost being 600+ from my area I'm looking at other options. I am thinking about the Freedom!!!! Sounds like it will be a really neat ship. Anyway what is the best time of the year or shall I say smoothest to do this itinerary????

The best time is when ever your schedule permits!

Archived