Permanent Cutbacks on Carnival

JT1962

On 8/24/2022 at 1:24 PM, UPNYGuy said:

Currently on Paradise, tea time was advertised on the PA by the CD, and bar venues SEEM to be appropriately staffed. We haven't really had to wait.

FWIW... booked this cruise for sh!ts and giggles to try a fantasy class, and really enjoy it. Obviously doesn't have the bells and whistles of the newer ships, but it seems to be in excellent condition, especially given its age. DW and I booked a midship balcony on the main deck, and have ice cold air, good plumbing, and an excellent steward. We would do a B2B (10 days) on her. 

I love the Paradise, have only sailed her twice but really enjoyed both cruises.  I think the fantasy class ships are awesome, a much different experience than the latest/greatest and I'm sorry they seem to have outlived their usefulness.  Good to hear you found her in good shape.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Island Dog said:

I will miss the Fantasy class vessels. Gaudy? Yes. But never seemed overcrowded and I don't need roller coasters. Newer Carnival ships are bigger, but have less ship to passenger space and seemed way too crowded when I sailed on them pre-pandemic. I'll be looking to Spirit class ships now, I guess. 

We like the Vista class in the havana area 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jeffdal said:

I really liked the door hanger breakfast ordering. I believe I read that you can now call the night before and place your order for the morning. Has anyone done that? 

I placed my order the night before by phone and it arrived right on time. This was 2 weeks ago on Spirit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jeffdal said:

I really liked the door hanger breakfast ordering. I believe I read that you can now call the night before and place your order for the morning. Has anyone done that? 

yes. I called for coffee and pastries so I could sit on the balcony and enjoy just this last cruise (disembark today).

• Like 3

On 8/26/2022 at 11:55 PM, jeffdal said:

It varied ship by ship when this first started.  Hopefully the ability to order the night before will be standardized fleet wide if it has not already.  I know we were on the Elation the week it changed and we had to call that morning.  It took 45 minutes for the coffee and fruit plate to arrive.  That length of delay made it not worth our time the rest of the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davderdan1 said:

It's a reflection on the passenger, not the cruise line...could happen on ANY of them.'

It could, but you hear about the large fights and brawls happening on Carnival more than any other lines.  It goes back to the passengers that Carnival (and its price point in particular) cater to.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dharmapath said:

I used to love the room service breakfast.

Room service breakfast hasn't been worth ordering for me since they took smoked salmon off the menu.  What's left is basically just cheap carbs, fruit, and yogurt. I guess if you absolutely have to have coffee to get going, but otherwise I'm saving room for Lido breakfast or seaday brunch.