Catherin Palace , Yusupovs' Palace or the Grand Palace

dcl

This will be my second visit to St. Petersburg. First time we did all the city tours, but didn't get a chance to see the palaces out of town.

With limited time and spending one of the three days in Moscow, which (2) palaces around St. Petersburg would you recommend going to:

- Catherine Palace in Pushkin

- Yusupovs' Palace

- Grand Palace in Peterhof

Thanks

David

This will be my second visit to St. Petersburg. First time we did all the city tours, but didn't get a chance to see the palaces out of town.

With limited time and spending one of the three days in Moscow, which (2) palaces around St. Petersburg would you recommend going to:

- Catherine Palace in Pushkin

- Yusupovs' Palace

- Grand Palace in Peterhof

Thanks

David

Pushkin and Peterhof are ouside the city, but Yusupov's is in the city. I would go to Peterhof first so you are there when there are ready to open thr grounds and turn on the fountains, return to the city and visit Yusupov's Palace.

We did not go inside the Grand Palace (just Catherine Block), but if you do you can skip Catherine's Palace.

I vote for Catherine's and Peterhof. The drive out to both is about the same. Catberine's grounds, while not the Peterhof is very nice, and the Amber Room there is quite something. Peterhof, there's nothing else like it that I have ever seen. It's just amazing that there is so much opulance in one place. We didn't tour the main building, we went to the smaller palace down by the water, Peter's place.

Archived