11:45 Arrival Time At Houston

You should be fine. Typical mid-day drive from Hobby to Galveston Pier is 45 minutes to 1 hour (it is about 38 miles, straight down I-45). Allow an hour for delays, an hour for getting your bags, and even an extra hour for the drive and you're still there by 3:00. Plenty of people have horror stories to tell and swear by arriving a day early, but you will most likely be just fine!

Agree, you should be fine. Hobby Airport is relatively small and baggage claim is typically pretty quick. Hobby is on the Galveston side of Houston and since the Rhapsody usually sails on Sunday traffic should be light.

Good luck!

Don't worry, you have plenty of time to get to Galveston from Hobby. Hobby is about 2 miles from I-45S and is about a 40 min. drive to Galveston. The only area on I-45S that may cause a traffic delay is the Beltway 8/Dixie road stretch. You have 5 lanes of traffic narrowing down to 3 with an over pass in the way. Its crazy, you wonder what in the world???

Hobby is a very easy airport to get in and out of, I would be more worried about bad weather or a flight delay. Enjoy you cruise.

Archived