Le Verdon anyone been here?

DougH

Has anyone stopped in the port of Le Verdon? From what I have read there is nothing there and it is really just a way to get to Bordeaux. I'm not into wine and all the tours seem aimed at that, and they don't seem to get positive reviews. Is there anything near the ship to see or should I just stay aboard?

We called last year, and spent a pleasant afternoon in Soulac-sur-Mer, about 5 miles away which is a small seaside town and just nice to wander around.  At the time we went, the cruise lines were still imposing some restrictions on shore excursions, so a period of 'freedom' was much appreciated.

DougH

Has anyone stopped in the port of Le Verdon? From what I have read there is nothing there and it is really just a way to get to Bordeaux. I'm not into wine and all the tours seem aimed at that, and they don't seem to get positive reviews. Is there anything near the ship to see or should I just stay aboard?

Your question should really have been put onto the FRANCE PORTS forum (a moderator may move it)where you might have found this fairly recent thread which you should find helpful to read.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2854543-le-verdon/#comment-63546566

Therre will be more like that and if you SEARCH on the FRANCE PORTS forum you should be able to find them.  You might want to SEARCH forBordeaux too as there have been past mentions of le Verdon within Bordeaux threads.

Edited by edinburgher