Miami hotel experience and Hotwire

DebbieICU

I want to thank this board for their help with my miami questions.

I booked a room in December for our trip this past week. Little did I know it was Boat show week and everything was getting booked. I paniced i guess as it was right before Xmas and had read that people were putting multiple bids in at priceline and this seemed like it would take too much time so I went to Hotwire.

Picked a 3 1/2 star hotel in downtown Miami and won Fortune house which is a condo hotel. Read reviews of them at tripadvisor and it sounded horrible. Called Hotwire and discussed my concerns and the fact I was traveling with children. He called the place himself and they assured him that all was fine. He(the man from Hotwire ) said my only option was to go to the hotel - look at the room- and call Hotwire if I was unhappy- great I said. and hung up. Close to our departure I read another horrible review and called hotwire again. If you can find 3 reviews from different sources that give bad reviews they will refund your money or make another reservation for you but at this point there was nothing left in Miami that I could afford so I had to keep it. Called the hotel myself and spoke about my concerns with management and upon checkin they were familiar with me by now and supposedly gave us a better room. It was fine - clean and comfortable for one night - so our stay was not as bad as I thought it was going to be but I don't think I will ever use hotwire again.

Debbie

I want to thank this board for their help with my miami questions.

I booked a room in December for our trip this past week. Little did I know it was Boat show week and everything was getting booked. I paniced i guess as it was right before Xmas and had read that people were putting multiple bids in at priceline and this seemed like it would take too much time so I went to Hotwire.

Picked a 3 1/2 star hotel in downtown Miami and won Fortune house which is a condo hotel. Read reviews of them at tripadvisor and it sounded horrible. Called Hotwire and discussed my concerns and the fact I was traveling with children. He called the place himself and they assured him that all was fine. He(the man from Hotwire ) said my only option was to go to the hotel - look at the room- and call Hotwire if I was unhappy- great I said. and hung up. Close to our departure I read another horrible review and called hotwire again. If you can find 3 reviews from different sources that give bad reviews they will refund your money or make another reservation for you but at this point there was nothing left in Miami that I could afford so I had to keep it. Called the hotel myself and spoke about my concerns with management and upon checkin they were familiar with me by now and supposedly gave us a better room. It was fine - clean and comfortable for one night - so our stay was not as bad as I thought it was going to be but I don't think I will ever use hotwire again.

Debbie

Debbie, from what you wrote, both Hotwire and the hotel went out of their way to make you feel better and to give you a good room. Why would you not use Hotwire again?

For what it is worth, I don't use TripAdvisor because I've never found their reviews to be worth much. Grain of salt and all.

Glad it worked out for you.

Archived