Time difference and 2 day testing requirement

Native Floridian 26

Do they pay attention to the time change differences?  If I take a test in EST in US at 9:00AM in Florida on Friday and sailing is 4:00PM on Sunday from Venice, Italy, then I technically took the test at 10:00 in Venice' time zone.  Do that care that that is actually 49 hours ahead and not 48?  I don't want to get on a plane to Europe without having my test done.  

There was a discussion somewhere recently about this, and I can't put my finger on it quickly.  The situation is that my airline keeps changing the flight times, and I'm forced to leave earlier than originally planned.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

I'm following along with this to see if anyone has details. We're flying out from Tampa on Friday early evening for a Sunday sailing from Genoa and the plan was to take the test Friday mid-morning before we leave for the airport.

(Lufthansa keeps jacking our times around. Don't know if that's your airline, but we've had 3 changes in times so far.)

51 minutes ago, angelsil said:

I'm following along with this to see if anyone has details. We're flying out from Tampa on Friday early evening for a Sunday sailing from Genoa and the plan was to take the test Friday mid-morning before we leave for the airport.

(Lufthansa keeps jacking our times around. Don't know if that's your airline, but we've had 3 changes in times so far.)

We're in the same boat!  When is your cruise?  Our timeframes are the same.  Leaving FLL on Delta on Friday to Venice for a Sunday cruise.  Times keep changing also, which has made us leave FLL earlier than originally planned.  

Also, if it is specific to the hour (although it says 2 days), is that from our boarding time, or the time the ship is set to sail?  That's another 5 hours difference.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

On 8/9/2022 at 2:32 PM, Native Floridian 26 said:

We're in the same boat!  When is your cruise? 

We're not sailing until November 20th out of Genoa. I was secretly hoping the testing protocol would be dropped by then. Still have some time 🤣

• Like 1