Bermuda jet ski tour (do they weigh you?)

planefring1

We are going on a non NCL tour during our overnight in Bermuda.  We are doing a Jetski tour of the island.   Because of age restrictions I have to go with my son. Their is a 375lbs combined weight limit on the watercraft.  we will probably be about 10-15lbs over the limit.  How strict are they with weight limits? do they pull out a scale prior to boarding?  any first hand experience with this this type issue?

10 minutes ago, planefring1 said:

We are going on a non NCL tour during our overnight in Bermuda.  We are doing a Jetski tour of the island.   Because of age restrictions I have to go with my son. Their is a 375lbs combined weight limit on the watercraft.  we will probably be about 10-15lbs over the limit.  How strict are they with weight limits? do they pull out a scale prior to boarding?  any first hand experience with this this type issue?

You need to ask the vendor who is doing this tour.  No one else can answer with accuracy what their policies are or whether they ever make exceptions.

I'm guessing it is a safety issue/limitation, and there wouldn't be any exceptions allowed, but... they are the ones to ask.

GC

• Like 1

I’ve done this tour a few times. They don’t weigh you, if you look like you might be over the limit they will ask how much you weigh. A pair of people who went on the same tour as us were definitely past the weight limit, they were asked their weight, clearly lied about it, and the tour operator warned them of the consequences if they are overweight what could happen. The couple shrugged and they went on the tour with us without incident.

We did this last October and they definitely asked everyone their weight. There was a heavier person at the dock and I know that they talked to them about the weight, but I didn’t see a scale!

As a side note, we did the “fast” tour and it was much faster than expected! I would not do it again, as we were supposed to stay over 35 mph and the guides wanted us to go quicker than that! There was a guy in our group who was clearly uncomfortable, and they just kept telling him to “ride it like you stole it”.