Carnival Room Service question

Craxe77

Hi All, I'm sailing in a Havana aft extended balcony room on the Horizon in October and was wondering about room service. I love getting up in the morning and having breakfast on the balcony with my wife while looking at the water. I know that it needs to be called in the night before but does breakfast room service cost anything? Our only other cruise was on a Celebrity ship and we loved having room service delivered every morning, especially as it was free. 

We don't normally do anything but breakfast for room service. Looking at the website, I don't see room service included with the Havana rooms but am not sure of the cost if any. Thanks for any info/experience you can pass along. . 

Carnival pushing everyone to use the Hub app, most guests wouldn't know you could call to order room service breakfast the night before. Just off B2B Valor, app lists Seafood Shack pickup; Ship-wide delivery; and Cabin delivery. Room Service menu for cabin delivery slashed from old menu which had free/pay selections, no listing on app for breakfast.

add: also, door hangers no longer an option. I've never used Carnival room service but was considering it this last cruise with the limited amount of other dining options on Valor.

Edited by mondello
Add
  • Like 1

We did a b2b on maradi gras last month,

the room service breakfast menu only will show 

up on the app during breakfast hours.

and you have to call it in each morning.

no more door hanger orders, missed that…

we ordered twice during our two weeks,

but it was nice having coffee on the balcony 

those two early mornings!

• Like 1

This is the hanging door menu for room service.  Although they will no longer be using the hanging menus, I imagine the selections (both free and paid) will remain the same.  You will now just have to call in the order.

F6D09B8F-FDAE-47F0-B498-BCC176CFCE91.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Craxe77 said:

I wonder how this cruise will hold up against pre-covid Celebrity in regards to food? Guess we will see. 

Probably be at least a slight let down. Portions in MDR are smaller and choices seem limited. Some sides are very small portions. Still able to usually find at least one entree to order. I usually order 2 appetizers and recently considered ordering 2 dinners.

• Like 1

When you are in your room, look for the QR code to download the room service menu.  It is different from what you see in the HUB app.  You can call the night before, or (as I did) when they first opened.  There are the same options as before (refer the door hanger above) and a few paid options.  Don't forget that the entire room service menu is available from 6:00 am.  I enjoyed a BLT for breakfast (don't judge me!). 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Drew B 58 said:

This is the hanging door menu for room service.  Although they will no longer be using the hanging menus, I imagine the selections (both free and paid) will remain the same.  You will now just have to call in the order.

F6D09B8F-FDAE-47F0-B498-BCC176CFCE91.jpeg

THIS.  Menu is the same you just have to call now.

You can scan the QR code in the room to see it as well.

We always end up ordering the same exact thing for lunch one day on our cruise (on a port day when we come back tired, hot and wet), and don't even need the menu.  Know it by heart.  So if you are an experienced cruiser and know what you want just pick up the phone and tell them.  A lot of us have a routine and know by heart what we want to eat when and where 🤪

14 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

No.  You can "order to your room" some of the added-cost items.  Hopefully, they will add app ordering.  

My theory is they're not adding it to the app because the phone adds friction, reducing orders. And because they're going to start charging for everything soon anyway so they'd have to redo it when that happens.

• Like 1