NCL Joy Haven Forward Facing Penthouse

BSR

18 minutes ago, js said:

I currently have an HJ booked for August, right by the elevators on Deck 14 and made a minimum bid on Forward Facing Penthouse HG on Joy.

Are the forward facing far from elevators? This is our first time outside of the Courtyard and my husband just wants an elevator ride away, not walking half the ship.

I will happily cancel my bid if we are far from Joy elevators that will bring us to the Haven.

Thank you all so much!

We've stayed in a FF once and LOVED the cabin but .... it's a helluva walk .... we're talking two 6 foot tall men and I do 60 minutes + of intense cardio a day but it got tiresome.

For our upcoming Joy cruise, I did the reverse of you .... cancelled my FF and booked an HI!

The FF is great if you're going with your kids as you truly do get two separate rooms .... if you're a balcony person, it's not great ....

• Like 1

We stay in the FF cabins often - regardless of higher or lower deck the walk to or from the elevators will seem "far" to someone who wants to be "just an elevator ride away" - more like a third of the ship not half! 

49 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The higher the deck, the shorter the walk is to the elevators.

The lower the deck, the longer the walk is to the elevators. 

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Ship_Map_JOY_06142022.pdf

39 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

We've stayed in a FF once and LOVED the cabin but .... it's a helluva walk .... we're talking two 6 foot tall men and I do 60 minutes + of intense cardio a day but it got tiresome.

For our upcoming Joy cruise, I did the reverse of you .... cancelled my FF and booked an HI!

The FF is great if you're going with your kids as you truly do get two separate rooms .... if you're a balcony person, it's not great ....

36 minutes ago, Beamco said:

We stay in the FF cabins often - regardless of higher or lower deck the walk to or from the elevators will seem "far" to someone who wants to be "just an elevator ride away" - more like a third of the ship not half! 

Thank you all so so much for your quick responses. I very much appreciate it.
I canceled my bid for Forward Facing Penthouse.

I kept my minimum bids for Courtyard cabins but not giving any hope since

I bet the minimum ($500 pp).

Thank you all again!