Carnival Mardi Gras - Internet Question

Mr305

We are booked for Carnival Celebration's first cruise out of Miami, looking to purchase the Internet Plan.  How's the Internet Speed on Carnival Mardi Gras?  Is it worth getting the premium plan, are speeds that fast?  If anyone that has been on Mardi Gras can confirm would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Mr305

4 minutes ago, Mr305 said:

We are booked for Carnival Celebration's first cruise out of Miami, looking to purchase the Internet Plan.  How's the Internet Speeds on Carnival Mardi Gras?  Is it worth getting the premium plan, are speeds that fast?  If anyone that has been on Mardi Gras can confirm would greatly appreciate it.

Mardi Gras's internet is actually pretty good. We had the premium plan and was able to stream the F1 races (although they do show that in the Landing). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Mardi Gras's internet is actually pretty good. We had the premium plan and was able to stream the F1 races (although they do show that in the Landing). 

We got off the Mardi Gras a couple weeks ago. The internet was much better. I’ve heard carnival added more satellites and expanded their WiFi. I was able to stream lots of videos. I did notice that several times after going into port once I got back onto the ship the WiFi would get bogged down. I’d completely sign out of everything on the app (WiFi and all) then sign back in again like a new user and it would be fast again. It’s been a glitch I’ve noticed with carnival. But yes the WiFi is much faster and worth it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Were you using F1 TV to stream? Hulu/ESPN wouldn't let me stream due to location services issues while being connected to Wifi on the MG. They were not showing any of the practices in the Landing, we were off the ship on Saturday so I can't speak to quali or the races but good to know for the future. 

4 hours ago, x lindsay x said:

Were you using F1 TV to stream? Hulu/ESPN wouldn't let me stream due to location services issues while being connected to Wifi on the MG. They were not showing any of the practices in the Landing, we were off the ship on Saturday so I can't speak to quali or the races but good to know for the future. 

Ok, so I misspoke a bit. First of all, it's my husband who's the F1 aficionado, which is why I'm getting the facts mixed up. Anyway, he was having problems streaming the races through the F1TV app he pays for, so he did watch the races at the Landing, Hero's Tribute Lounge. This was back in April.