Grills Drink Package - How to Confirm?

DanielleFaye

So I re-booked my September anniversary cruise to a December birthday cruise for my husband and this is the first time we're cruising Cunard.  We're doing a back-to-back cruise in the same suite (Q5) for the Christmas Markets (4 nights) and then a crossing (7 nights.)   Because the website wasn't working right I had to book over the phone and my vacation planner assured me that I was booking the drinks package included Queen's Grill suite option - which was the promo constantly at the time I booked in July of last year.  I think a lot of the promos would even be things like bunchofstuff  "Plus Grill's Suites include free drinks and gratuities."  I even confirmed with email later and she said that free drinks and gratuities would be on both cruises even though the first is just four nights.

I don't see this confirmed on the website when I go to manage my booking, it still allows me to add a beverage package to the cart for example.  It's also not on my booking confirmation pdf.

When I called to book my air I asked off handedly if it was there and this different agent said she didn't see it and I booked a different promo, but I didn't follow up at that time because I wanted to be more focused on air and figured I'd ask my vacation planner later.  She again said that it should be there.

SHOULD I be seeing this on the website?  Or is the promo something that doesn't show up and will be active when we board?  We're not the hugest drinkers and it bugs me that I care about this, but I didn't try to rebook for better promos like "free wifi" because I figured it's a sweet enough deal.   

29 minutes ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

For our two bookings, I never saw this on the website (US version), but did receive separate booking confirmation emails listing only the added perk.

Thanks for confirming that at least is not too abnormal.  Maybe I can ask for a better email.

I just am really anxious about this trip going well after the original was cancelled in 2020.

38 minutes ago, DanielleFaye said:

Thanks for confirming that at least is not too abnormal.  Maybe I can ask for a better email.

I just am really anxious about this trip going well after the original was cancelled in 2020.

Given Cunard's renowned administrative chaos, I would strongly recommend getting something on paper now, before you set sail. This is much easier than trying to resolve arguments once on board. 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Given Cunard's renowned administrative chaos, I would strongly recommend getting something on paper now, before you set sail. This is much easier than trying to resolve arguments once on board. 😀

Ha ha, yes exactly.  I feel silly fretting over it - it's the promo still on after all, it'll probably be fine -  but that's what I'm trying to avoid.

• Like 1

I had my travel agent send me a Gifts and Special Services Summary statement. That includes confirmation of Grills Drinks Package, included "special buffet" visit, and complimentary gratuities. Certainly taking that print with me in case there are issues to resolve onboard.

7 minutes ago, Mr. B said:

I had my travel agent send me a Gifts and Special Services Summary statement. That includes confirmation of Grills Drinks Package, included "special buffet" visit, and complimentary gratuities. Certainly taking that print with me in case there are issues to resolve onboard.

Thank you for those keywords!

47 minutes ago, DanielleFaye said:

Thank you for those keywords!

Yes, @Mr. B is quite right, that's the phrase. Sorry, I didn't have access to my stored email when I first replied.

More keywords, maybe: My document actually says just "Gifts and Services Summary" at the top, and it's titled "SSGConfirmation-[booking number].PDF". It came in a separate email immediately after my main booking confirmation arrived. The email subject line was "Booking-[booking number] [my name] - Special Service Order Summary". So I suppose any variation on that would work.

I would not feel at all uncomfortable about pursuing this. Neither my wife nor I consume much alcohol, but it meant we never had to think twice about getting a coffee, a soft drink, or a house wine. Our final statement was remarkably uncluttered.

9 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

I would not feel at all uncomfortable about pursuing this. Neither my wife nor I consume much alcohol, but it meant we never had to think twice about getting a coffee, a soft drink, or a house wine. Our final statement was remarkably uncluttered.

That's what we were thinking would be nice, too.  I just hate having to nag.  Thank you for your help.  

There's some oddities with our flight holds too (the names are showing up weird at the airline side but not my Cunard confirmation) so I'm just anxious about anything else that might be wrong.  I've got a lot of anxiety about a crossing in general so any wrinkles kind of send me a bit spiraling.

6 hours ago, DanielleFaye said:

That's what we were thinking would be nice, too.  I just hate having to nag.  Thank you for your help.  

There's some oddities with our flight holds too (the names are showing up weird at the airline side but not my Cunard confirmation) so I'm just anxious about anything else that might be wrong.  I've got a lot of anxiety about a crossing in general so any wrinkles kind of send me a bit spiraling.

If I may ask, how are they weird? Just the same names formatted differently?

4 hours ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

If I may ask, how are they weird? Just the same names formatted differently?

Yeah the first and middle name plus title are jammed together in the first name field.

So first: Daniellefaye Ms middle: blank

1 hour ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

That's standard airline/TSA format. Nothing to fret about. 

Oh I usually don't see that on the airline side.  Just on the boarding passes maybe.  

They just made such a deal on the phone of confirming the names and you hear such horror stories of airlines being strict.

Mr. B is correct.  On our last crossing, we had a complimentary drinks package as a perk in our PG booking, but we could not see it on any of the info received from Cunard.  However our TA could see all perks, including drinks, on the booking that he views on line, and he sent me a screenshot.  Once on board, the Grills Concierge confirmed it all.  Annoying, but it worked out.

18 hours ago, tv24 said:

Mr. B is correct.  On our last crossing, we had a complimentary drinks package as a perk in our PG booking, but we could not see it on any of the info received from Cunard.  However our TA could see all perks, including drinks, on the booking that he views on line, and he sent me a screenshot.  Once on board, the Grills Concierge confirmed it all.  Annoying, but it worked out.

Thank you, sounds like this is nothing uncommon and the request for verification should be easy enough.   

I prefer more of a transparent self-service website.  😄 

2 hours ago, DanielleFaye said:

Thank you, sounds like this is nothing uncommon and the request for verification should be easy enough.   

I prefer more of a transparent self-service website.  😄 

I think we all would prefer this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well called my travel agent to ask some questions, used the keywords, got sent the same standard booking confirmation twice that didn't show any promos.  Sent it back saying "hey this doesn't have the info" and didn't get a new response yet.  🤔

Will try again Friday I guess, got a question to ask about insurance.

Any email address to I dunno, lightly escalate if I can't get that info before embarkation?  Would the standard number also be able to send it?  If the promo somehow got lost off my reservation is there any way to tell besides an email that says I should have it?