Apple AirTags ..

Piaa

Quick question - with all the baggage delays occurring right now, I see people using Apple AirTags in their checked luggage but how do you put the Apple AirTags in your checked luggage when they use Lithium batteries which are not allowed except in carry on?  (I would love to get some for our upcoming trip but only if they are safe) 

Thanks everyone 

1 hour ago, crzrr said:

The airlines are concerned about lithium rechargeable batteries.  The batteries CR2032 in airtags are not rechargeable and are okay to use in your luggage.

Thank you (just ordered some)

5 hours ago, crzrr said:

The airlines are concerned about lithium rechargeable batteries.  The batteries CR2032 in airtags are not rechargeable and are okay to use in your luggage.

As many times as we’ve carried lithium batteries through security I never really thought about that the limit was on rechargeable for checked bags.    

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Thats interesting.  In Japan I had a Tile on the key to my mobility scooter.  Loading it into the taxi it fell out without anyone noticing.  I was able to locate it with an iPod and Japan being who they are, it was there when we called.  It was outside the main entrance of a museum and I feared it would be taken to the police lost and found.  Yes, there are stories of iPhones left on trains being returned to their owners!