La Spezia to Cinque Terre with Baby..ferry?

floridian1

We will be docked at port Le Spezia in Mid October and would like to explore Cinque Terre for a few hours (not the whole day). Our family has a 9mo baby and prefer to avoid the train (keep reading its very crowded and packed in).

Can someone walk me through how the ferry works. I do not see a schedule for October posted yet. 

What is the best (and easiest to get to)villages in cinque terre to explore with a Baby. Only looking to explore 1 or 2.

Does the ferry operate round trip from La Spezia?  Was hoping we could board mid morning..go to 1 village for 1 or 2 hours and have lunch...walk or take ferry to another village for another hour or so and then take the ferry back to La Spezia.

Is it easy to get from la spezia cruise ship (RCCL Wonder of the seas) to the ferry?

Any other tips to make it more enjoyable and less stressful are helpful. We have full day rome and naples private tours the following 2 days.

I don't know if the ferries run year round, I seriously doubt that they do, but I have taken the ferry from La Spezia to Cinque Terre in mid-October.  Unfortunately, they probably won't issue the new timetable on line much before early September.

Getting to the ferry is easy, you'll have to take the port shuttle bus to the cruise terminal, and the ferry port is right next to that terminal so it couldn't be easier.