How early can i get on?

We've usually been able to board between 11 & 11:30... we did have one cruise though last year that they didn't start boarding until about 1:30.... I understand they had problems with customs for disembarking pax... We still go early, but we go ready, willing and able wait if needed. :)

Is that confirmed?

No, that's just norm. There's no way to confirm how soon they will allow boarding because the previous cruise's pax (as well as the ship itself) have to be cleared by Immigration and Customs. Usually (stress on usually, not always), things go smoothly and boarding for the next cruise can begin around 11 to 11:30. However, there are times when boarding is delayed even beyond the boarding time listed on your cruise docs (which I suspect say 1:00 pm or so for boarding?).

You'll likely be able to board around 11:30, but if you go early, you may have to wait. There's just no guarantee. (Not saying that you would do this, but occasionally someone will post a major complaint because boarding didn't start early.) So, go ahead and get there early, but be prepared to be flexible on timing.

And have a great cruise too.:D

beachchick

As others have said, you can usually get on by 11:30. But, you cannot have access to your stateroom until 1:00. However, if you do get onboard early, you can use that time to have lunch in the Windjammer and explore the ship a bit.

I just heard from a friend that they are changing the boarding time because of security,...I would go on a thread of people who have just returned and throw this same question out...good luck!

Archived