Coco Reef Resort Day Pass

CleverUserNameHere

Hello - I have used their resort pass a number of times over the years, it USED to be worth it, was like $35pp and included lunch, which was worth every bit of the $35. June of 22 it was $110pp. No longer worth it in my opinion. They USED to have a pretty unique terraced beach area with chairs/umbrellas/tables and active beach service from the bar. I am guessing a hurricane wiped out the terraces, no more sand, just construction debris. A few umbrellas and chairs are left but you are on your own to set them up. I was there for a full day and never seen any waiters on the beach. Lunch was, and still is, excellent and they have a really nice freshwater pool. The drinks are very, very expensive, like most of Bermuda, but Coco is at the highest end. Unfortunately they have just priced themselves out, the price went up and the value went down. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drketchone said:

Unfortunately they have just priced themselves out, the price went up and the value went down. 

The pricing is high likely  because they want to limit the amount of day passes. They need to take care of their resort guests.  Recent reports have been that most of the summer reservations this year have been canceled at the last minute do to lack of staff.

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The pricing is high likely  because they want to limit the amount of day passes. They need to take care of their resort guests.  Recent reports have been that most of the summer reservations this year have been canceled at the last minute do to lack of staff.

It worked, there were two cruise ships in port, both at capacity, and the two of us were the only ones there on a day pass. The only ones who ate lunch, only ones in the pool, only ones at the bar, which was $60 every time we stepped up to it. I cant imagine they are going to be able to survive too long.

45 minutes ago, drketchone said:

I cant imagine they are going to be able to survive too long.

Bermuda doesn't derive its main sources of revenue from cruise passengers. They'll be just fine. As was said before, it was priced that way so that people wouldn't show up and they ones that did would be profitable. Not because they had a business problem that they needed to attract more day passes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, drketchone said:

Hello - I have used their resort pass a number of times over the years, it USED to be worth it, was like $35pp and included lunch, which was worth every bit of the $35. June of 22 it was $110pp. No longer worth it in my opinion. They USED to have a pretty unique terraced beach area with chairs/umbrellas/tables and active beach service from the bar. I am guessing a hurricane wiped out the terraces, no more sand, just construction debris. A few umbrellas and chairs are left but you are on your own to set them up. I was there for a full day and never seen any waiters on the beach. Lunch was, and still is, excellent and they have a really nice freshwater pool. The drinks are very, very expensive, like most of Bermuda, but Coco is at the highest end. Unfortunately they have just priced themselves out, the price went up and the value went down. 

Thanks for your input! I was looking at some recent reviews on TripAdvisor and honestly, they weren't great... At this point we're actually looking into getting a room at the Pompano Beach club. They're closer to the pier and around $500 which we could potentially use for two days...

2 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

Thanks for your input! I was looking at some recent reviews on TripAdvisor and honestly, they weren't great... At this point we're actually looking into getting a room at the Pompano Beach club. They're closer to the pier and around $500 which we could potentially use for two days...

Inquire about a day pass at Pompano Beach. They make a few available on short notice. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 2:38 PM, CleverUserNameHere said:

I just called! They said to call back 4 days in advance, it's only $40 per person!

Please come back and let us know how it was, if you end up going. I am back in Bermuda on the 12-13 of September.

Just now, andychris said:

Was it easy to get a taxi back from pompano beach?

Our cruise isn't until October, but last time we were there we just asked front desk or hostess stands at restaurants to call us a cab. I suppose you could just get their number and call if you have an international plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CleverUserNameHere said:

Our cruise isn't until October, but last time we were there we just asked front desk or hostess stands at restaurants to call us a cab. I suppose you could just get their number and call if you have an international plan.

You can also download an app called Hitch which is Bermuda's local version of Uber or Lyft. It functions exactly as you would expect and you can easily bring a taxi to you virtually anywhere, know the cost, and see their location/wait time in real time. You can also pay through the app via credit card vs having to use cash in the taxi. 

There is a small processing fee to use it so if there are taxis in a queue at a hotel you are at by all means just do that but for the harder to get to places its a great insurance policy to have the app downloaded and ready to go before you get to Bermuda. 

• Like 2