Whale watching tour in Victoria.

Hello, our up coming Quantum cruise is in October. I would like to do a whale watching tour on October 4. Our day here in Victoria will be from 8 am to 5 pm. Is it better to do a tour with Royal or with Eagle Wing ? The prices are not much different. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

Hello, our up coming Quantum cruise is in October. I would like to do a whale watching tour on October 4. Our day here in Victoria will be from 8 am to 5 pm. Is it better to do a tour with Royal or with Eagle Wing ? The prices are not much different. Thanks in advance.

That is odd.  Usually you pay a premium for most things going through the cruise line.

Being a Canadian company the prices on Eagle Wing website are likely in Canadian dollars.  That should be 20-30%  less when posted to your credit card in US Dollars.

• Thanks 1

I agree - check the currency! But even if they are the same when using the same units, the cruise line won't be offering a guarantee - whereas all the local firms give a lifetime 'free repeat trips until your boat sees whales' as standard. You might not plan to come back soon, but if you're on one of the unlucky 5-10% of trips that doesn't sight whales at least you'll get another trip whenever you do manage to make it back again...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, em-sk said:

That is odd.  Usually you pay a premium for most things going through the cruise line.

Being a Canadian company the prices on Eagle Wing website are likely in Canadian dollars.  That should be 20-30%  less when posted to your credit card in US Dollars.

You're right. I forgot about the Canadian dollars. Eagle Wing cost $149 and Royal wants $129 a person before tax . I think I'm going to go with Eagle Wing. Thank you.

1 hour ago, martincath said:

I agree - check the currency! But even if they are the same when using the same units, the cruise line won't be offering a guarantee - whereas all the local firms give a lifetime 'free repeat trips until your boat sees whales' as standard. You might not plan to come back soon, but if you're on one of the unlucky 5-10% of trips that doesn't sight whales at least you'll get another trip whenever you do manage to make it back again...

Thank you very much Martincath. I'm going to go with Eagle Wing.😊

• 5 months later...