9 days before cruise. Still no Bermuda entry email

joelheather

17 minutes ago, joelheather said:

9 days before our  Bermuda Cruise no word yet from Bermuda govt regarding the visitor authorization. We paid and filled out the online forms about 3 weeks ago.  Please share your experience with this.

Our last sailing was in April to Bermuda. Back then, you had to upload your vaccination proof plus your negative covid test to their website. Negative covid test documentation couldn't be sent in until two days before embarkation.( In our case, Wednesday for a Friday sailing). Well, come Thursday evening around six o'clock we still hadn't received the BTAs, so had to get on the phone to Bermuda.After starting at eighteenth spot in their phone system, thirty minutes later I finally got ahold of someone. She, a very nice rep, took care of the problem and e-mailed our documents. Problem solved!!

So, if you get down to five or six days and haven't heard from them yet, give them a call.Just make sure you use the toll free number. I made the mistake of using the first number on their site. Cost me $75.00 for the call!!  

• Like 1

After paying for the application and submitting it, you should get an email "Application Pending Review". In the email, you'll get a link to upload your proof of vaccination.

If you didn't get this email within 24 hours (check your spam folder), call them 1-833-570-2594

Once you get a rep on the phone they handle issues quickly.

After you upload your proof of vaccination, you should get the authorization with in a day or two. If not, again, call them if you're getting close to your cruise (a few days). If you're application is complete they will process it on the phone immediately and you should get the email soon after. I got it within a minute while still on the phone, the rep immediately hung up on me without even a good bye. They are very busy!

• Like 1

Don't panic.  Mine came about 6 days before our cruise.  From what I understand they are issuing them by date of the ship's arrival.  I would wait until 3-4 days before if you don't receive it.  As long as you were sent the initial confirmation and uploaded your VAX card you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

Rather than being placed on hold for a long time, you can try emailing. I did email them for something late last week. Emailed Thursday evening after they closed at 8 PM. I heard back Friday morning around 9 or 10 AM. 

If that doesn't work, then try the phone. I do everything in my power to not use the phone, ever. I hate talking on the phone - I must have learned this from my grandmother as she avoided talking on the phone as much as possible too. 

Honestly though, I bet you'll hear this week on your Travel Authorization since you're at a week or so today.

I was the first in our group of 6 to complete the application (about 30 days out) and was the last to receive confirmation, lol.  I called after they had all gotten theirs and was told they could not process phone requests for sailings more than 7 days out (I was at 9).  I called back 7 days out and had it within 30 minutes.