What to do after the cruise

Kelly68

Hey everyone , this is my first time to Hawaii, just wondering what to do after the cruise . It gets in at 7am and we don’t fly out until 10 pm. What do we do with our luggage if we want to hang out in Waikiki before we fly out ? 

Edited by Kelly68

12 minutes ago, Kelly68 said:

Hey everyone , this is my first time to Hawaii, just wondering what to do after the cruise . It gets in at 7am and we don’t fly out until 10 pm. What do we do with our luggage if we want to hang out in Waikiki before we fly out ? 

I would book a hotel through ResortPass.com

https://www.resortpass.com/hotel-day-passes/Honolulu-35

You can leave  your bags with the bellman at whatever hotel you choose. The resort pass gives you access to the hotel's facilities for the day; food & beverage is extra.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

I would book a hotel through ResortPass.com

https://www.resortpass.com/hotel-day-passes/Honolulu-35

You can leave  your bags with the bellman at whatever hotel you choose. The resort pass gives you access to the hotel's facilities for the day; food & beverage is extra.

Thanks ! 

• 2 months later...

Hi all, reviving this very helpful post. I'm in the same situation as Kelly68, except our flight leaves at 4 pm, and we're traveling with kiddos. Thinking that arriving at HNL by 2 pm should be OK (we "should" all have precheck, but you never know). That still leaves several hours to kill, even if we disembark at late as 9 am. (I know they need to scoot us off to get the ship ready to go and that's fine of course.)

I love the ResortPass idea, since the kids can swim, the adults can relax and we can all enjoy lunch before we head to the airport.

Just wondering if there is a better option for 4 hours...

(Kelly68, thanks for letting me take your thread semi-off topic.)

Thanks, bluetardis, that was my first choice and what we usually do when we have late flights. However, the only post-cruise excursions offered by NCL that will fit our timeframe is Pearl Harbor. We will have a 6 year old in the group and I'm not sure it will be a good one for her. (Actually thinking that the adults and split up and do PH when we arrive, since we have a couple of days on that end.)

Maybe reserve a car service and go to the Polynesian Cultural Center or the Dole Plantation, then to the airport?

22 hours ago, mooline said:

Maybe reserve a car service and go to the Polynesian Cultural Center or the Dole Plantation, then to the airport?

You most likely have a little less time than you think. If you are going to get to the airport at 2 you're going to leave downtown by at least 1:30. If you are coming from the Dole Plantation thats more like 1pm. 

Frankly I don't think you really even have enough time to fully take advantage of a resort for a day pass.

I think your best bet is to just stay in downtown by Waikiki and find a nice place to post up at for a leisurely lunch and last walk along the beach. If you book a lunch at one of the nicer hotels along that stretch they will be more than willing to store your luggage for a nice tip to the bellman. We've done this at the Royal Hawaiian and Halekulani before with no issues and it was a great (and relaxing) way to spend some of our last hours on the island. 

• Like 1