Starting With Discovery Princess From LA 10/01...

The Mikado

1 minute ago, Ptroxx said:

So what’s your actual question?   Seems you’re beating around a bush ?   

I’m not trying to beat around bushes. I’m trying to get information on Princess’s newest ship, the itinerary, and any other info I can glean. 

Sorry if the way I put it left you in confusion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

I’m not trying to beat around bushes. I’m trying to get information on Princess’s newest ship, the itinerary, and any other info I can glean. 

Sorry if the way I put it left you in confusion. 

Back after almost 3 years. Sailing from LA on the California Cruise.

3600+ passengers. Comments?

great ship. Great crew. Great food. There ya go.   

• Like 1

We were on it a few months ago.  Only ate in MD on first night…… service was very slow.   Buffet was great ( if you worried about Covid, go off hours and grab an outside table) Gigis was great as was crown grill.  Enjoy

35 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

We were on it a few months ago.  Only ate in MD on first night…… service was very slow.   Buffet was great ( if you worried about Covid, go off hours and grab an outside table) Gigis was great as was crown grill.  Enjoy

I ate in the MDR Juneau every night.  Never any issues with being slow.   
Melvin and Jimmy my servers were amazing.   

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hogee said:

California Coast on Discovery Princes October 1, what to expect weather wise ,originally booked August 27 cancelled; September 25th cancelled...is October 1 too late?  

No!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

Yep.

14 hours ago, The Mikado said:

With 3600 pax, did it feel crowded? Mealtime, etc?

Then isn’t this ⬆️⬆️a silly question.  
  Kinda like this entire thread. 

It's an absolutely gorgeous ship, with lighter and more modern colors and design than older ships. I sailed on it to Alaska in July, and at times it felt a little too crowded, particularly at peak times in the buffet and at production shows, where there were no seats to be had at both early and late shows. I wouldn't expect a full ship on an October coastal trip, though, and with better weather than Alaska, more people should be outside. The coastal trips are also port-intensive, with few sea days, so I like to visit Gigi's pizzeria for lunch on those days. The other surprise about Discovery is that the public laundries on each floor are absolutely free, so on my 5-night Cabo trip on Discovery in November I'm just bringing a backpack. The other cool thing to try is the small aft pool, which goes right to the edge of the ship, so I and other people went in there early in the morning just to enjoy the view and experience. The other recommendation is to be up early and in a high outside spot to sail under the Golden Gate bridge.  

• Like 1