Legal documents?

starlit

My first cruise will be the Conquest on May 14. What legal documents will be required? I was told just a DL and birth certificate. Do I need a passport? I just want to make sure one is not needed.

DL and Birth certificate are the current requirement. The best source of info is your cruise line. Call them to be certain.

Starting Jan 1, 2007, anyone traveling by land or sea needs a passport. The govt web site is travel.state.gov (or something like that; just Google "US Passport" for further info.

No passport is required until 1/1/07 as long as you are within Canada, US, Carribbean, Mexico, South America. If you are bringing children which are not yours, be sure to have a letter from thier parent(s).

Starlit - Be sure that your birth certificate is a state-issued one, not a copy or a hospital certificate.

Somebody will probably pop in here to say that you must have a raised-seal on the b/c. However, many states are now issuing the b/c on watermark paper, and are no longer using the raised seal.

All you need this current year is a Drivers License and an original raised sealed birth certificate. If traveling with a child they should have a non drivers ID which looks just like a DL but states non driver on it and a BC.

Archived