This is where to meet for Venice to Ravenna bus

CoG72crewz

If anyone is looking for clarification on where to meet the bus in Venice, it is Tronchetto - NOT Piazzale Roma as some of the info from Azamara states. Several of us departing today had conflicting info from Azamara so I had guest services at our hotel call Trumpy Tours directly.  There are representatives at Tronchetto to check people off a list for transfers and then they load the bus.  We are on the bus and on our way to port! 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for that info.   May I ask for a clarification please -- On Google Maps I see "Piazzale Roma" denoted, but I'm not sure about "Tronchetto."   In the attached screenshot Piazzale Roma is in the red oval, and something Google calls "Tronchetto Transportation in Jesolo" is in the red rectangle.   Is the Trumpy Tours pick up location near the red rectangle?

Thanks again and have a great cruise.

Mark

Tronchetto or Piazzale Roma.jpg

4 hours ago, CoG72crewz said:

If anyone is looking for clarification on where to meet the bus in Venice, it is Tronchetto - NOT Piazzale Roma as some of the info from Azamara states. Several of us departing today had conflicting info from Azamara so I had guest services at our hotel call Trumpy Tours directly.  There are representatives at Tronchetto to check people off a list for transfers and then they load the bus.  We are on the bus and on our way to port! 😊

We found out from our taxi driver so we were ok but information was confusing and misleading. Glad you made it !!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mwf7501 said:

Thank you very much for that info.   May I ask for a clarification please -- On Google Maps I see "Piazzale Roma" denoted, but I'm not sure about "Tronchetto."   In the attached screenshot Piazzale Roma is in the red oval, and something Google calls "Tronchetto Transportation in Jesolo" is in the red rectangle.   Is the Trumpy Tours pick up location near the red rectangle?

Thanks again and have a great cruise.

Mark

Tronchetto or Piazzale Roma.jpg

The pick up (at least when we did it in May, would be further up and to the left of your rectangle, at the far "People Mover" stop (the little bus circle right at the end of the glass-roofed people mover station).  If you are starting from Piazalle Roma, it's easiest to pay the euro or so to use the people mover to go there (don't get off at the intermediate station for the old cruise terminal).  If you are coming from in the city, the vaporetto #2 line stops at "Tronchetto" and "Tronchetto Mercato", with the pick up halfway between the two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

The pick up (at least when we did it in May, would be further up and to the left of your rectangle, at the far "People Mover" stop (the little bus circle right at the end of the glass-roofed people mover station).  If you are starting from Piazalle Roma, it's easiest to pay the euro or so to use the people mover to go there (don't get off at the intermediate station for the old cruise terminal).  If you are coming from in the city, the vaporetto #2 line stops at "Tronchetto" and "Tronchetto Mercato", with the pick up halfway between the two.

Thank you very much for that explanation!  With your description (the little bus circle right at the end of the glass-roofed people mover station) I think I now see where this is located, I've circled it in the attached pic.    I think I also now understand "Tronchetto" -- I kept googling its Italian translation (boot?) which was not that helpful.   Wikipedia explained it perfectly ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tronchetto  )

Thanks again. 

Tronchetto.jpg

• Like 1