caribbean on britannia

vrodpaul

we have to pay the balance/cancel/rebook in a couple of weeks time for 2nd December fly/ cruise, anybody been on lately, or is on the britannia at the moment, would love to know how things are at the moment regarding service, staff levels, food etc. and any restrictions still having to follow, this will be our first cruise since december 19, also to the caribbean

We just came off Britannia today, after a 2 week Baltic cruise. Last on Britannia in 2017, Med cruise.

Had a brilliant time. There was a lovely atmosphere onboard and was not aware of any problems with Covid. Everything except ‘grab and go’ open. No restrictions. Service and staffing levels excellent. Food as I remembered it in MDR for dinner - some days better than others - but overall happy with it. Breakfast in the MDR was excellent. We went to the Limelight Club 3 times, Sindhu twice, Epicurean once, and Glasshouse twice for lunch - all serving fantastic food. 
Standard balcony cabin very well kept, not tired or dated at all. Only the balcony furniture a bit rusted.

Entertainment was plentiful in all the venues and REALLY good. Headliners the best I have experienced! High quality guest performers. 

We are really happy we paid our balance and had a brilliant time onboard this beautiful ship.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, elsieelsie said:

We just came off Britannia today, after a 2 week Baltic cruise. Last on Britannia in 2017, Med cruise.

Had a brilliant time. There was a lovely atmosphere onboard and was not aware of any problems with Covid. Everything except ‘grab and go’ open. No restrictions. Service and staffing levels excellent. Food as I remembered it in MDR for dinner - some days better than others - but overall happy with it. Breakfast in the MDR was excellent. We went to the Limelight Club 3 times, Sindhu twice, Epicurean once, and Glasshouse twice for lunch - all serving fantastic food. 
Standard balcony cabin very well kept, not tired or dated at all. Only the balcony furniture a bit rusted.

Entertainment was plentiful in all the venues and REALLY good. Headliners the best I have experienced! High quality guest performers. 

We are really happy we paid our balance and had a brilliant time onboard this beautiful ship.

Great, positive review. We are on her in October so pleased you shared your opinion.👏

Like ZAP99 we are on Britannia in October. Good to hear that things are getting back to normal. When we were last on her in May, there were  some restrictions. Apart from the cabin things, we found the restricted MDR menu and the fewer choices in the buffet the things that we regretted most. Are these back to pre covid levels? Could you buy a bottle of wine and have it saved for the next night? Finally, was there any covid/ covid restrictions in place?

• Like 1

As far as I remember, the number of dishes for each course in the MDR each evening was similar to 2017. They still have the ‘always available’ and for the starters these were prawn cocktail and tomato soup. For mains, sirloin steak but also salmon now instead of chicken.
We didn’t use the Horizon Buffet so I can’t comment on that. Also, when we bought wine by the bottle in the MDR we’d always finish it 🫢

The staff are still wearing masks but there were no Covid restrictions for passengers at all. I’m sure there must have been a few passengers who came down with Covid after boarding, but I was not aware of any and didn’t see or hear anything to suggest there had been a problem. Everything felt back to normal on our cruise.