Lunch in the Main Dining Room

nycruise1

Have not seen this in a very long time.  On an 8 day Magic earlier this month there were 2 sea days starting out and 2 at the end.  So we went to the SDB 3 times (LOVE the french toast) and were planning to go the last day when we were surprised to see there was only a regular breakfast that was something like 7:30 - 9:30 am.  But there was also a MDR lunch 12 - 1.  It was a good menu, similar to the lunch menus in the past (not as extensive as dinner), with the dessert including a sundae that was better than what is on the kids menu.  They also had a nice seafood dish.  We asked out of curiosity why they did this and was told they had SDB the day before.  I thought on cruises with a number of sea days this could be a good variation.  I dont remember reading about it, certainly on a non Journeys cruise, since the restart.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, nycruise1 said:

Have not seen this in a very long time.  On an 8 day Magic earlier this month there were 2 sea days starting out and 2 at the end.  So we went to the SDB 3 times (LOVE the french toast) and were planning to go the last day when we were surprised to see there was only a regular breakfast that was something like 7:30 - 9:30 am.  But there was also a MDR lunch 12 - 1.  It was a good menu, similar to the lunch menus in the past (not as extensive as dinner), with the dessert including a sundae that was better than what is on the kids menu.  They also had a nice seafood dish.  We asked out of curiosity why they did this and was told they had SDB the day before.  I thought on cruises with a number of sea days this could be a good variation.  I dont remember reading about it, certainly on a non Journeys cruise, since the restart.

I saw on another CC thread that Steakhouse is doing a brunch for $25 per person.  Looks interesting!

• Like 3