Move up Offer - Question

Travelbugs2.2

1 hour ago, tonyinoc said:

even though I made bids when they sent me an email and they sent me a conformation email with the bids .. I cannot see them or modify them .. and when I go to the manage trip put in my reservations and name .. nothing happens .. 

Same for me 

2 hours ago, pj-atsea said:

Ok I just went through the steps I took, and made notes.  Try it, hope it works for you.

go to celebrity website.   Sign in. Click on Manage Trip.  Then scroll down to the last item , which is Upgrade with move up.     Click on that. It takes you to another page.  Then enter your last name and reservation number.   Your bid should come up and the status also. Ie: pending.     Pj

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I followed all the steps as you said. I get a message to make sure im within 21 days of sailing, even though I was able to get to my bids on that page in the past. The good news is that celebrity move up responded to my email and said that my bids are still there and under review. I’m hoping that is the case, I’ve found that the celebrity reps are not always right or even consistent 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyinoc said:

Same with me .. I got confirmation email , listing the bids but when i try to  modify or look i get an error page I sent them an email and heard nothing back 

Celebrity move up finally responded to my email. They said they have my bids and they are under review. I’m hoping that’s a good sign. But I wouldn’t bet on it. I find that the information from celebrity reps vary in consistency and accuracy 

3 hours ago, tonyinoc said:

Same with me .. I got confirmation email , listing the bids but when i try to  modify or look i get an error page I sent them an email and heard nothing back 

Not sure it is the same.  On RCL there is a link in the confirmation email that can be used to modify/cancel the bid.

2 hours ago, pamkev said:

I would like to bid on a RS although I highly doubt I will get any as the cruise I am on all suites are sold out. The only thing holding me back if for some strange reason we get one and we test positive for covid and can't go would we get that money refunded. We are booked under the Cruise with Confidence. I haven't seen anything if it covered by insurance. 

I think it is. I rang our celebrity agent yesterday as I was concerned about the same thing. He said it’s under terms & conditions but I’ve not had a chance to check it yet. 

3 hours ago, wineoclock said:

I think it is. I rang our celebrity agent yesterday as I was concerned about the same thing. He said it’s under terms & conditions but I’ve not had a chance to check it yet. 

I just read the terms and conditions it says non refundable although you have up to 48 before your sailing to cancel if Celebrity did not charge your credit card if they did you get no money back. I am happy with the stateroom I am in so its whether I want to roll the dice and hope covid test comes back negative or if it does Celebrity hasn't charged my card yet and I can cancel

10 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Celebrity move up finally responded to my email. They said they have my bids and they are under review. I’m hoping that’s a good sign. But I wouldn’t bet on it. I find that the information from celebrity reps vary in consistency and accuracy 

ok so I figured it out ,, if you use Chrome open an incognito window, paste in the link for the move up into the new browser and enter your name and resvation number mine popped right up 

5 hours ago, tonyinoc said:

ok so I figured it out ,, if you use Chrome open an incognito window, paste in the link for the move up into the new browser and enter your name and resvation number mine popped right up 

Thanks for the tip but I just tried it and it didn’t work for me 😞

On 8/23/2022 at 4:39 AM, verizon said:

I checked my Bid it show all expired only with the Celebrity Suite pending.

Hope I get it.

Its 1 month out. 

My Celebrity suite on September 24th. was accepted today.All were expired a few days ago.

Horay.

• Like 4

Made my first bids for move up this week, Did 3 different bids, my question has anyone ever received their bid based on the minimum bid or what they term as a weak bid.  Sailing on the Infinity Sept 24 and their are many veranda cabins still open.  Also does the CC status help at all, we are Elite.   I see on other boards people are being notified almost 3 weeks before the departure date is this the norm also?

Thank you for any info  

46 minutes ago, mbddisney said:

Also does the CC status help at all, we are Elite.

Yes, your status adds a couple of percent to your bid when comparing to other bids.  IIRC, it's 3% for Elite.  Might work as a tie-breaker, but not a huge advantage.

15 hours ago, verizon said:

My Celebrity suite on September 24th. was accepted today.All were expired a few days ago.

Horay.

I'm also cruising on Sept. 24. I have had bids on two upper suites in place for several weeks. I was able to check the tracker and modify my bids until last week. This morning, however, the highest category now shows my bid to be "expired." The other category says "pending" and there is no longer a button to modify the bid. Could this mean that my offer will very soon be accepted? I was thinking about canceling the bid, but now I'm tempted to stay the course and see what happens. (Still no credit card charge for my bid.)

49 minutes ago, SailingHigher said:

I'm also cruising on Sept. 24. I have had bids on two upper suites in place for several weeks. I was able to check the tracker and modify my bids until last week. This morning, however, the highest category now shows my bid to be "expired." The other category says "pending" and there is no longer a button to modify the bid. Could this mean that my offer will very soon be accepted? I was thinking about canceling the bid, but now I'm tempted to stay the course and see what happens. (Still no credit card charge for my bid.)

Very likely you been accepted for the pending cabin.

It took them 5 days to see the charge on my CC.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

Currently have booked a Concierge Class Stateroom. Considering bidding for an Aqua Class. I'm assuming that if my bid was successful there would be no change in the presently assigned stateroom but merely a change in the included amenities?? i.e. access to Blue Restaurant and Persian Gardens.

24 minutes ago, stao said:

Currently have booked a Concierge Class Stateroom. Considering bidding for an Aqua Class. I'm assuming that if my bid was successful there would be no change in the presently assigned stateroom but merely a change in the included amenities?? i.e. access to Blue Restaurant and Persian Gardens.

Cabin move is guaranteed.  Look at the locations of all the Aqua Class cabins and make sure you are OK with any of the cabins since you have absolutely NO control over which one you get.  Once reassigned you probably won't have an option to change cabins since all Aqua and Concierge will be full (other bidders).

• 5 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 2:27 AM, hazelk said:

We have bid in three categories, two are shown as pending the other shown separately allowing us to amend our offer, as we have never done this before I am a bit confused as to why they are different?  

I changed my bid a while go to a lower amount, and got an email about that, but. now on the MoveUp when I check it the older higher bid is there and I can't change it or cancel it, although it's still pending.  Looks like I'm locked in but am not going to be too disappointed as it's not a huge difference.  The lockup tells me that possibly they are close to accepting it.  My other bid shows expired.  

I'm thinking that now that they are offering guaranty balcony and concierge cabins at lower price than my ocean view, if they don't fill those then they'll happily take more money from me to put me somewhere in that category.