Move up Offer - Question

Travelbugs2.2

Hi

We bid for an upgraded cabin with Move Up a few weeks ago.

We haven’t received any notification yet regarding whether the bid is accepted / rejected, however it won’t allow us to amend the bid. 
The status is still showing pending - but all fields are fixed, with no option to amend?

(cruise is in less than 3weeks.   I’m not saying that we would amend the bid … but I’ve never not had the option of amending a bid previously within the timeframe?

Has anyone else experienced this?

6 minutes ago, Travelbugs2.2 said:

Hi

We bid for an upgraded cabin with Move Up a few weeks ago.

We haven’t received any notification yet regarding whether the bid is accepted / rejected, however it won’t allow us to amend the bid. 
The status is still showing pending - but all fields are fixed, with no option to amend?

(cruise is in less than 3weeks.   I’m not saying that we would amend the bid … but I’ve never not had the option of amending a bid previously within the timeframe?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, that happened to me.  I emailed and they said to keep trying but it still didn’t work.  However when I signed in to my account, there was a place there to modify it and that worked.   Now I’m thinking I bid too much!!! 

I bid on three cabins. Two showed expired, one showed pending for a week or so. I wanted to raise the bid but couldn't. Then I was notified I won the move up bid on the pending one. Of course I immediately thought I bid too much LOL...

Our cruise is now in less than 2 weeks, and the bid is still showing as pending, and no option to adjust / amend.!

Does this mean our bid is likely being accepted? (We only bid the minimum, but are Elite plus so I think that adds a small amount of weighting to the bid in some cases?)

just curious if anyone has had their bid fixed on pending like this for so long? To ultimately have it rejected?

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

I believe the Move Up is done by an outside agency so loyalty status doesn't come into it. Just luck of the draw, if you are not successful try at Customer Service once on board.

I saw something on the web site that there was some adjustment for loyalty status but what I remember there were 5 tiers of from 1% to 5% there bids were enhanced with the 5% being for zenith status.

Just re found the page https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

I believe the Move Up is done by an outside agency so loyalty status doesn't come into it. Just luck of the draw, if you are not successful try at Customer Service once on board.

They haven't disappointed me every time I put down the lowest bid.

I am Zenith.

1 hour ago, verizon said:

They haven't disappointed me every time I put down the lowest bid.

I am Zenith.

Thanks.   I’ll keep fingers crossed so!    I just though it unusual not to be able to amend it for so long, but once it doesn’t get rejected I’ll be happy!!

Like a lot of Celebrity's pages, the website is not great and does seem to display differently depending on the device you're using.

I've been on it twice using Chrome on my smartphone and put in offers and clicking them through and they all seem to lock into place but today, when I went on my Surface Book it appeared that there were no offers submitted, and it was the first time I was asked to provide payment details (I'd just assumed that they'd charge the cards associated with the booking) so really don't have any kind of idea of what's happening with my bids.

I went on the page, but I also bid through my agent.  They let me bid on one cabin, but charged me $1800 for each of the other two. I wonder where that 1800 goes?  LOL.  Because of my husband's size, I am praying one of the suites becomes available.  We are past final payment now, so someone should hear soon, I would think?  

I am so clueless I don't know where to get my luggage tags.  I wonder if they will give them at the pier?

45 minutes ago, RemyLeBeau said:

Like a lot of Celebrity's pages, the website is not great and does seem to display differently depending on the device you're using.

I've been on it twice using Chrome on my smartphone and put in offers and clicking them through and they all seem to lock into place but today, when I went on my Surface Book it appeared that there were no offers submitted, and it was the first time I was asked to provide payment details (I'd just assumed that they'd charge the cards associated with the booking) so really don't have any kind of idea of what's happening with my bids.

If you got to the bit asking for your card details, it is likely to have registered.

Where do you check on their site, to see if it's still pending or rejected. I look at manage my reservation, but don't see anything? I know they got my bid, because I got an email telling me, so.

TIA

Helaine

Edited by hmorrow

31 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

Where do you check on their site, to see if it's still pending or rejected. I look at manage my reservation, but don't see anything? I know they got my bid, because I got an email telling me, so.

TIA

Helaine

In the email you received confirming your bid if you look at the paragraph below the bold Important you will see the word HERE with a line under it. Click on the word and it takes you to the Plusgrade site and you will see your bids. Click on upgrade bid on any one of them and it will show you the current status of that bid. If you hot the back button in your browser it takes you back a step and you can repeat through your bids. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

In the email you received confirming your bid if you look at the paragraph below the bold Important you will see the word HERE with a line under it. Click on the word and it takes you to the Plusgrade site and you will see your bids. Click on upgrade bid on any one of them and it will show you the current status of that bid. If you hot the back button in your browser it takes you back a step and you can repeat through your bids. 

thanks!!!- nope- it shows the bid, but not the status?  I guess I'll just have to patient....

Edited by hmorrow

11 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Did you click the upgrade offer button? The highest part of the page that opens up shows the bid status.

Yes

nada

I'll just wait and see if they charge my cc. Thanks for trying to help!

We’ve done move ups several times. The last several cruises when it showed expired as the status we never got upgraded. However, when it showed pending - sometimes for a couple of weeks or so - we eventually got the upgrade. 
also, don’t know if it helps, but we always bid a little more than the minimum. If it says minimum bid $1500 we bid $1610. We usually only bid on suite upgrades. 

4 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Yes

nada

I'll just wait and see if they charge my cc. Thanks for trying to help!

On mine - when I sign in and go to ‘upgrade with move up’, enter the surname and reservation ID number, and it brings up the offer details.   Here, I can see what I bid, and at the bottom, it shows the status.  (In my case pending)

12 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Yes, CC status adds a very small % (5 or less) to the bid, which can also serve as a tie-breaker.  The 3rd party is made aware of bidders' status by X.

Oops.  Edit.  I see someone already covered that.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Travelbugs2.2 said:

On mine - when I sign in and go to ‘upgrade with move up’, enter the surname and reservation ID number, and it brings up the offer details.   Here, I can see what I bid, and at the bottom, it shows the status.  (In my case pending)

That worked!

thanks- shows pending 

We have bid in three categories, two are shown as pending the other shown separately allowing us to amend our offer, as we have never done this before I am a bit confused as to why they are different?