Covid requirements

Jaimel134

Hello,

First time travelling since Covid. We be on the World Europa from 31st December.

We are extending our stay by having a few days in Dubai before sailing. My question is regarding the proof of negative PCR. How can I overcome this if it needs to be 48 hours before to board ship? We are fully vaccinated.

Thanks

Not sure why you would want got "overcome" the requirements. If you find a pharmacy or clinic in Dubai 3 days prior to sailing that will administer the PCR test, I see no reason you would not have results back prior to boarding. Maybe the situation is totally different in Dubai and test are not given the same as in the USA, but try to Google "PCR test in Dubai" and see what you come up with.

Good luck!

On 8/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, Jaimel134 said:

Hello,

First time travelling since Covid. We be on the World Europa from 31st December.

We are extending our stay by having a few days in Dubai before sailing. My question is regarding the proof of negative PCR. How can I overcome this if it needs to be 48 hours before to board ship? We are fully vaccinated.

Thanks

• All Guests (2 years old and over), including local residents and Guests staying in the U.A.E. prior to the cruise, need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal. For example, if you embark on your cruise at 15:00 on a Saturday, you should take your COVID-19 test on the Wednesday as of 15:00 at the earliest. 
  • Like 1

Hi, yes we have booked the PCR in Dubai so all good on that front. The issue is with the vaccine requirements. MSC want the last booster within 12 months of sail end date. This is impossible as most would have been jabbed by end of December 2021. There are many people on the same situation.

4 hours ago, Jaimel134 said:

Hi, yes we have booked the PCR in Dubai so all good on that front. The issue is with the vaccine requirements. MSC want the last booster within 12 months of sail end date. This is impossible as most would have been jabbed by end of December 2021. There are many people on the same situation.

We were in that situation so we got our 2nd booster a few weeks ago

Not in the UK. We have a 4th booster roll out starting now but it is only for the venerable. According to our health service, having 3 jabs is classed as fully vaccinated for the low risk. 

Edited by Jaimel134